jonesycash's story

jonesycash

Reaction score
I am 23. First started noticing receding at my temples around 19 or 20. Probably a Nw2 to 3 now. Temples and front seem to be speeding up their backwards march. Crown is slowly thinning also. Blonde wavy hair; can be kind of frizzy. History of male pattern baldness on my mother's side, some on father's side but not my father. Have a family history of prostate cancer (it took my father at 55 and my uncle) so am really hesitant to try finasteride. Have been reading about male pattern baldness and the ways to combat it on this sight as well as reading the discussion forums. Need more experience in reading the studies themselves. The site has been extremely informative. Have been using Crinigin 3 times a day for past three months. Use TGel every other day.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a little off topic, but you should take antioxidants. There is an antioxidant called lycopene, which is found in tomatos. There are some great studies on it showing it prevents and kills prostate cancer. Do a little research on it. :D

G

Healthy Nick said:
It's a little off topic, but you should take antioxidants. There is an antioxidant called lycopene, which is found in tomatos. There are some great studies on it showing it prevents and kills prostate cancer. Do a little research on it. :D

Certainly can't hurt. Red wine either!!! :hairy:

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can't finasteride actually help against prostate cancer? I mean, doesn't it decrease the size of the prostate, and isn't the increase in prostate size the first indication of prostate cancer? Thought I read that somewhere. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Good luck to you.

G

elguapo said:
Can't finasteride actually help against prostate cancer? I mean, doesn't it decrease the size of the prostate, and isn't the increase in prostate size the first indication of prostate cancer? Thought I read that somewhere. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Good luck to you.

Yes and no. Finasteride is used to reduce the swelling in BPH. This is thought to be a pre-cursor to prostate cancer but it is not always so.

So, yes, one could argue that lower dose finasteride is a good preventive if you are at risk for prostate cancer. But like anything else, no one has proven this to my knowledge.