JohnnyRock's Story - ( 24 /Family Hairloss)

JohnnyRock

Reaction score
I am 24 years old. I never worried about hair loss cause I had thick hair. So thick that the hair dresser would thin out the top with these scissors to get a certain look I was going for. My older brother however always wore a hat and I didn't take notice to his thinning up until a year and a half ago. My father still has some hair on top but he manage to maintain what he has and pretty much a full head of hair up until he was around 50 ... He's now 57. my mothers side however are all bald ... and bald at a fairly young age. So I got worried and tried to do all I could to look into treatments. I started to take biotin ... But like others on here found it didn't work. My hair has gotten thinner on top and the hair line has started to recede.

So my next plan of action was to book an appointment with Micron Labs. I got a consultation .... And I don't know if anyone has heard of this place but I think it's a rip! The doctor gave me a speech that seemed so rehearsed and at the end of it wanted to use lasers and herbal treatments to maintain my hair that I had. Which would end up costing me $4000. I tried using the hairmax laser comb .... and like i said before biotin and various shampoos. (Keep in mind I have a lot of hair still no one would look at me and say I was even thinning) Didn't seem to be improving anything. So after the $4000 offer I was really starting to worry. I couldn't afford that and for something that didn't have granted results. So I started looking online ..... and found out about propecia and rogaine. I booked an appointment with Dr. Robert Jones (I live in Toronto Area) I told him my brothers hair was really thin on top and I'm worried. Also that hairloss ran in my family. It toke him 5 mins to write me up a prescription for Proscar and his 12% minoxidil treatment.

So I began taking the treatment and just recently added Nizoral to the mix. I started September 10 ... Toke some pics of my hair line and on top that I will post as soon as I see results. So far a month and a half in I've notice my hairline gaining some small hairs. I have high hopes for this treatment. My hair is very important to me cause I'm the front man in a Rock band ..... Which the image of long/big hair is a staple. I'm hoping to get my hairline back and some of its thickness. I want to tell my brother to get on the treatment but he's the kind of guy who doesn't really care. So I'm thinking of waiting til the 8 month point or whenever the results are noticeable to tell him. Do you guys think this would be a good idea as well? Also I was the happiest man in the world when Dr. Robert Jones told me I would never have to worry about going bald if I kept on this treatment .... Is this very possible?

P.S This site is great .... very resourceful couldn't ask for something better to keep myself motivated and not worrying about losing my hair!

Cheers