John Cena's New Haircut Seems... Peculiar (pictures Included)

Austin:316

Established Member
Reaction score
After being absent from WWE for the better part of a year John Cena made his return at Super Showdown last Saturday with a new hair cut that raised many eyebrows.

He has always sported the same close-cropped military style haircut, as seen here:
486f8c0ff8f32882e4119c807598370c--john-cena-hairstyles.jpg

In recent years he began to develop balding of the crown, as seen here:
SS13_Photo_265.jpg

And so on Saturday he re-emerged with this... thing:
Screen-Shot-2018-10-06-at-18.16.55-1024x577.png

Do0TrURV4AAHC9R.jpg

I took a screenshot of the back of his head.
Screenshot_20181009-144637.png

I wonder if maybe he had a transplant, or concealers, or if he grew the hair out to hide his progressing hair loss, or if maybe he just likes the new look. Please chime in with your thoughts on John Cena's new haircut. Thanks for reading.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he's had a transplant or is using concealers in an effort to look younger and boost his Hollywood career. It seems to have had the opposite effect though - he looks more middle aged then ever.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sept 10 2018, I saw John on kathy lee and hoda today, what ever he did to his hair is great!

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
he is balding at the crown not at his front hairline

he is growing his hair out to cover his bald spot

soon he will do the gareth bale

3E6DA64900000578-0-image-a-38_1489923351141.jpg

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cosmetics gone wrong; wrong hair colour, style and facial procedures, make up e.t.c. I call it the "contradicted look" - Travolta is a worse example of this cadaver appearance where he made himself look older in a bid to look younger, although he aged badly anyway.

Most of this is of course determined by genetics but sometimes people also make unfortunate styling choices as they get older. Cena looks way older than 41 mainly due to genetics. It's not even to do with hair or skin directly, there are people who have some wrinkles since their 20s but still look young decades later and I think face shape (ethnicity) also plays a bigger role. I've noticed this phenomenon is more common in North Europeans where the "therapeutic window" of looks is narrower between 18-30, yet I have relatives who are/were much younger looking than their actual age.

This man is nearing 50 and looks great with/without grey hair and a beard.
View attachment 101626
View attachment 101627

View attachment 101628

Even as an ordinary guy, he could appeal to 30 plus women which is a big deal since he's almost 50. Still, it's not a patch on how he was in his youth and it's a sad reality but that is time we can't get again which is why baldness has hit young people the hardest. Even if it's minor hair loss, it can throw one's aesthetics off in their teens/early 20s as well as the fears of ending up visibly balding badly. So I get their misery but acting early with treatment can avert a true crisis. It's the time you see that the attractive students are fresh faced and full hair and the pretty girls all have crushes on them. That can become the sole source of misery and satisfaction. It's when everyone is having new experiences, that naivety, lack of caution and adventures doesn't feel as good or anywhere as attainable when image is compromised. In the end you may have to accept compromises if you can't attain what you want despite your best efforts.

These are some awfully high bars you set yourself, wolfpack.

Most Mediterranean men do not look like that in their 50s. These guys won the genetic lottery, one should not expect to end up like them, that’s a set up for disappointment.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cosmetics gone wrong; wrong hair colour, style and facial procedures, make up e.t.c. I call it the "contradicted look" - Travolta is a worse example of this cadaver appearance where he made himself look older in a bid to look younger, although he aged badly anyway.

Most of this is of course determined by genetics but sometimes people also make unfortunate styling choices as they get older. Cena looks way older than 41 mainly due to genetics. It's not even to do with hair or skin directly, there are people who have some wrinkles since their 20s but still look young decades later and I think face shape (ethnicity) also plays a bigger role. I've noticed this phenomenon is more common in North Europeans where the "therapeutic window" of looks is narrower between 18-30, yet I have relatives who are/were much younger looking than their actual age.

This man is nearing 50 and looks great with/without grey hair and a beard.
View attachment 101626
View attachment 101627

View attachment 101628

Even as an ordinary guy, he could appeal to 30 plus women which is a big deal since he's almost 50. Still, it's not a patch on how he was in his youth and it's a sad reality but that is time we can't get again which is why baldness has hit young people the hardest. Even if it's minor hair loss, it can throw one's aesthetics off in their teens/early 20s as well as the fears of ending up visibly balding badly. So I get their misery but acting early with treatment can avert a true crisis. It's the time you see that the attractive students are fresh faced and full hair and the pretty girls all have crushes on them. That can become the sole source of misery and satisfaction. It's when everyone is having new experiences, that naivety, lack of caution and adventures doesn't feel as good or anywhere as attainable when image is compromised. In the end you may have to accept compromises if you can't attain what you want despite your best efforts.

He looks at least 10 years younger then 50 (especially in pic with dyed hair). Add to that his great bone structure and eyes and I think a lot of girls in their 30's (perhaps even 20s) would rather sleep with him over most guys their own age.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks at least 10 years younger then 50 (especially in pic with dyed hair). Add to that his great bone structure and eyes and I think a lot of girls in their 30's (perhaps even 20s) would rather sleep with him over most guys their own age.
This is true. He only looks "weird" if we're being very harsh in terms of lookism standards, but in real life that wouldn't be a problem. No doubt in my mind a guy who looks like him could go to a bar and walk out with an attractive woman who's 2 decades younger.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is true. He only looks "weird" if we're being very harsh in terms of lookism standards, but in real life that wouldn't be a problem. No doubt in my mind a guy who looks like him could go to a bar and walk out with an attractive woman who's 2 decades younger.

Only on HairLossTalk.com could someone pipe up and say a guy like that looks "weird" lol.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks like a young Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator, but ya he looks different than before and it's more than just the hair style.
"You're such a girlie mun"
upload_2018-10-19_15-4-29.png

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it's a wig. Blatant wig tbh