John Cena's bald spot has led to his downfall

Austin:316

Established Member
Reaction score
John Cena is going bald, at least at the back, and I believe it is the reason for him being knocked off the top spot. Anyone who has followed WWE will know that Cena ruled the wrestling world for 14 years. In those 14 years he held the heavyweight title 23 times and main evented every PPV. WWE basically revolved around him, much to the anger of the fans who despised him for his lack of talent and they would boo the hell out of him constantly. But the kids and women loved him and hence he was pushed to the moon.

But then he developed a balding patch which is increasing in size (see pics below). So WWE depushed him. He is no longer at the top. That spot has now been given to the NW0-possesing Roman Reigns who has even less talent than Cena, and is so bad on the mic that he actually called one of his opponants a "suckering suckatash" which was Daffy Duck's catchphrase. If there is anyone in the world with less charisma than Roman Reigns they would be hard to find. But since Roman has great hair he is the next big thing and is set to win the title from Triple H at Wrestlemania in 9 days.

As for Cena, his 14 year reign has ended and now he is jobbing to midcarders, and it is hard for me to believe that it is not because of his growing bald spot. I think the people in the production truck have been told to cut away from it because in WWE their shots are always the same amount of time; I mean if they stay on one camera angle for 6 seconds they will try to stay on the next one for 6 seconds, but when Cena's bald spot appears they quickly cut away even if the shot was 2 seconds long and the one before it was 6. It's a sad story, and I know it's the TV business and it's looks-orientated but I've always seen WWE as a reflection of society.

It will be interesting to see if he undergoes a transplant operation. I will keep you posted. Baldness has helped some wrestler's careers, but Cena is meant to be the cool young hip guy, and baldness doesn't suit his character in the least. On the upside for him he has multiple mansions, owns a collection of top class sports cars, has many millions in the bank and is married to Nikki Bella. But still, this bald patch spells a whole new way of life for him. That is what hair loss can do. It can take you from the sunniest side of the garden to the darkest part of the gutter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SS13_Photo_265.jpg
    SS13_Photo_265.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 40,668
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 27,660
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    858.8 KB · Views: 75,239

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably more to with the fact that, as you said, he's ruled the wrestling world for 14 years and they just needed to change things up.

matthew1234

Reaction score
Yeah, i agree. It probably has absolutely nothing to do with his bald spot and everything to do with a change of scenery from the producers. It's time someone else took the WWE throne for a while.

T

tellersquill

Fans are sick of him and he refuses to turn heal.

That, and the fact that his shoulder injuries has caught up with him.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
People still watch this stuff? I remember this was popular amongst kids in the 90s and only in America.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep you can get away with saying stupid sh$it when you got hair like that
Even "suckering suckatash"

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was great from like 1998 - 2004. Steve Austin, Rock, Kurt Angle, Triple H...those ridiculous story lines.

Or maybe when you're a kid you think it's all real. The day you find out it's scripted, it's like finding Santa Claus was a lie. Your innocence is shattered, and you move on to other programming/means of entertainment.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
c'mon man, you really think it has anything to do with his bald spot? Wrestling fans don't care. If anything, they would just make him shave is head bald and he would look like an even bigger bad ***. Whenever something like this happens in concurrence with a man going bald, people on these forums just jump to the conclusion that that's the only factor involved. They would have kept the guy on blues clues no doubt, but people were speculating they kicked him off because of his balding. Well... it's friggin hollywood, where makeup, hair systems and cover up is the go to for most.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont know if I would try establishing the connection between a bald spot and a guys entire life story in wrestling. Its a bit of a reach IMO. male pattern baldness never completely dictates someones life unless they let it and its just a fact. I wouldnt say it never comes up or never has any slight influences ever, but you cant make a mountain out of a mole hill

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
" I don't watch wwe It's fake"

I suppose you don't watch movies either then... What a stupid statement to make. It's not fake, it doesn't pretend to be a sport that's why they call it "sports entertainment" They're athletes in the same way that stunt people are athletes, telling a story through promos and ring work.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fans are sick of him and he refuses to turn heal.

That, and the fact that his shoulder injuries has caught up with him.

He doesn't refuse, I think it's because he brings in too much money and sponsors to many kids foundations. He takes a huge part in charity and WWE basically keep him as face because of the kids. He's also very popular with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Kids Wish Network. He does a LOT of charity work for kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrestling is fake as in it is predetermined, choreographed, fake punches/kicks and scripted. But these guys don't get addicted to pain killers for no reason, it's a tough job on the body.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you have such a baldspot on the crown and no recession in the hairline? He looks nw0 on front xd

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol I love how everyone attributes every single thing that happens in the world to baldness. It doesn't have to do with the fact that he's old and they need something new, def because he has a balding crown that they could literally just put light concealer on. LOL. Sad

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol I love how everyone attributes every single thing that happens in the world to baldness. It doesn't have to do with the fact that he's old and they need something new, def because he has a balding crown that they could literally just put light concealer on. LOL. Sad

Yeah exactly, and I guess it's got nothing to do with the fact Cena wants to try other things like movies and TV? He can't spend time doing all that other stuff and be WWE's no1 guy. Besides if it really was that much of an issue I'm sure Cena has more then enough money for a hair transplant. Sheesh, sometimes I don't know if people are being serious or ironic in this place!

Danman1973

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure..If i remember correctly there was another guy who was on top...and I mean on top forever.. even though he was balding...I think his name was HULK HOGAN????