John C. McGinley's Hair Loss

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's pretty stupid to talk about this guy's hair loss, but it has got to be the slowest male pattern baldness I've ever seen in years. He's been suffering from it for over 20 years and he still has pretty reasonable hair if he grows out, mostly I guess it's because his hair is so thick + being curly adds the appearance of density.
pla02.jpg
pla04.jpg
This is when he was 25, an advanced NW2 or NW3. Definitely.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/M...anBnXkFtZTcwNjQ2MTY1OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

This is him 2012. (For some reason can't like the image.

Think about it he's been loosing his hair for like 30 years, by god at such a slow pace. Just interesting male pattern baldness, that's all.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Reasonable explanation, but pretty insane a guy would use it for so many years.
I mean his hair loss must of been pretty aggressive getting to a nw3 by 25, well I'll probably see that or worse.
That would be like I assume 6-5 years of recession, not that agressive.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Reasonable explanation, but pretty insane a guy would use it for so many years.

I don't think it's insane. I know a doctor who takes it since it appeared in 1996, so like 18 years.
I know all of you 20 something think that when you are 35-40 you will no longer be bothered by hair -loss, but guess what, some people are bothered by it even at 60. so your opinion may change by then.
So if there is a possibility to maintain, why not doing it?
And of course, different people look different with hair loss. Some look well, there is even a minority who looks better bald then with their original hair, but the majority, i think, look not so good.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Some guys are like that, look at Sting too. I started to notice my hair line receding when I was 17, (and some friends made fun of it) now at the age of 38, I have more hair than most of them.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
It's pretty stupid to talk about this guy's hair loss, but it has got to be the slowest male pattern baldness I've ever seen in years. He's been suffering from it for over 20 years and he still has pretty reasonable hair if he grows out, mostly I guess it's because his hair is so thick + being curly adds the appearance of density.
View attachment 25457
View attachment 25458
This is when he was 25, an advanced NW2 or NW3. Definitely.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/M...anBnXkFtZTcwNjQ2MTY1OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

This is him 2012. (For some reason can't like the image.

Think about it he's been loosing his hair for like 30 years, by god at such a slow pace. Just interesting male pattern baldness, that's all.

Sorry, but that is not NW3 at all, barely NW2.

resu

Reaction score
My dad by 22 was already a NW3 and stayed one till his mid 50's where his crown started to thin a bit but he has more density than most people on hair loss forums on finasteride and minoxidil. Unfortunately I didn't get to be so lucky and I think my final pattern is gonna make baby jesus cry.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My dad by 22 was already a NW3 and stayed one till his mid 50's where his crown started to thin a bit but he has more density than most people on hair loss forums on finasteride and minoxidil. Unfortunately I didn't get to be so lucky and I think my final pattern is gonna make baby jesus cry.
One of those biological miracles! Seriously I created a forum thread as to talk about such strange cases of male pattern baldness, where you see guys who are nw2 or nw3 never progress any further, untill they're much older...
I don't believe I'm not one of those lucky fews but we'll see won't we. Sometimes I think I'm practically going bald other times I look and thing hell it aint that bad.

How can you not believe he is more than a NW2, honestly?

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
How can you not believe he is more than a NW2, honestly?

Now yes.
But in those pictures when he was young it doesn't appear more than NW2, and they are very unclear.
Study the charts, NW3 photo from front=inexistent temple hair at all!
Those "young" photos: first one=NW1 all day
second one-may be misleading and illusion because that fringe.