d.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 268
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 250

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking good and yes try and keep it in perspective, you had only very minor thinning which was only visible when your hair was wet.

No-one would notice a thing with your dry hair and there are many of us that never have hair as thick as yours (or such a good hairline).

Forget about shedding hair in the shower, that's totally normal (for non-male pattern baldness sufferers, girls.. you name it) and doesn't mean a thing.

skoko

Reaction score
Thanks mate for commenting.
Unfortunately it's not just shedding in the shower, but I'm doing my best to put it to the back of my mind!
Any other comments?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like great improvement to me! Congrats.

Keep it up, you'll get it (all) back!

:punk:

skoko

Reaction score
6 month (ish) update on finasteride, nizoral, and 7 weeks on rogaine foam.

thoughts? i still seem to be losing heaps of hair..not sure how good the finasteride etc is working...

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 220

skoko

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
To confirm though, the two photos above are both from yesterday, just one with hair pretty wet and the other dry.
I'm not too sure if there's been any improvement yet, i'm not sure if the rogaine has done much - but sometimes I feel its hard to get the foam to get straight on the scalp?

as for the hairline, I haven't taken any photos recently, but I def don't think it has improved - then again, i am only using the rogaine on the crown (for now).

RF102

Reaction score
Wow there is definitely improvement in your crown area. :bravo: Just keep at it

skoko

Reaction score
another quick update.
about 7 months in on generic finasteride, nizoral and 2.5 months in on rogaine foam.
still looks pretty bad wet, but ok dry.
refilling my prescription tomororw and thinking about getting brand name proscar to see if that makes a difference?

last photo was wet out of shower, second towel dried quickly and first dry.
thoughts?

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 251
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 227
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 268

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
baldness in alvi armani scale, going to big 3

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
joeydundee said:
I don't understand hellboy?

you have male pattern baldness in alvi armani scale type 3:

go to big 3

Shampoo ketokonazole(nizoral) 2 or 3x per week
Finasteride(propécia) 1mg dayle
Minoxidil 5% ( rogaine) 2x day

skoko

Reaction score
ahh if you read above i have been on finasteride for 8 months or so, rogaine for about 3, nizoral for 8.
not sure of any improvement yet, but will continuee... thanks though.

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
joeydundee said:
ahh if you read above i have been on finasteride for 8 months or so, rogaine for about 3, nizoral for 8.
not sure of any improvement yet, but will continuee... thanks though.

TRY FINA 5mg my one friend is using and have good results, he had no results with 1 mg.

skoko

Reaction score
Update - around 8-9 months on finasteride and nizoral and about 3-4 months of rogaine foam.

Still not convinced on much improvement, still seem to be shedding a fair bit of hair, but hasn't got dramatically worse (I don't think)

first pic wet, others dry.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 232

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I'm much in the same boat as you. Still shedding quite a bit and not convinced of any improvement, although I'm only seven months in.

At least you maintain which is something I guess...also you can hide your balding pretty well...maybe we just need to give it more time!
Good luck!

skoko

Reaction score
update - not sure how well the meds are working, but looks not too bad after a haircut.

(one photo wet, one dry)

Attachments

• Photo1 (1).jpg
    Photo1 (1).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Photo1 (2).jpg
    Photo1 (2).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 199

skoko

Reaction score
So it's been another year since my last update, and probably 2 years since I started on finasteride/nizoral/min.

Thoughts?

Photo1.jpgPhoto2.jpg

Still_Ill

Reaction score
Excellent work -- your patience and dedication earned you a full head of hair. Hope you keep what you have now for a long time. When did you really start noticing improvements? Last February? Does your scalp still itch, and if not, when did that stop?

Also hoping I get similar results. My crown isn't as clearly thinning as yours used to be, but I'm 3.5 months into finasteride and minoxidil. I've shed a lot of hair in the last month and a half from my hairline's corners, vertex, and above my ears. It can be hard to cover up at times even if I still do have a lot of hair since some areas are clearly thinner than others. The back of my head also itches like crazy, usually around 8 hours after showering. Hairline is really sucking except in the center. Hoping my afro can make its glorious return someday soon, but for now it is merely an afro in spirit...kind of pathetic, y'know. Anyway, your results give me hope, so thanks for sharing.

skoko

Reaction score
update - 8 months later. 3 years ish on the big 3.
thoughts.comments? not sure if it's great, but probably could be worse!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 198
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 217
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 221