Jjchin's Story (25) - DEC update pg 1

jjchin

Reaction score
Re: Jjchin's Story (25) - 3 months update

Just added an after shower pic on page 1.

Feels itchy after shower. Any ideas what might the cause be? Thanks!

dboy

Reaction score

Rogaine liquid could be causing you the itch....or it could be the nizoral....

jjchin

Reaction score

@Captain: Yep, I get lots of comments from friends. Apparently they did notice the change. They knew that I'm on this treatment :) Cheers!

@dboy: Thanks for the reply dboy. I'm thinking the nizoral is the cause. I switch from Liquid to Foam minoxidil. I've been on the big3 for 3mths+ and surprised that the itch only starts to kick in now. Anyway, not that it causes any trouble. It was just slightly itchy after shower. How are your treatments going?

~jjchin

dboy

Reaction score

Right now it's been bout 2 months on 2 a week finasteride, romaine foam 2x and nizoral once a week. I also take vitamins. Biotin. Etc. Right now. My scalp looks like your early pics. When I part my hair. I think Im maintaining, but it still early to see any growth. I'm gonna add hair max laser comb to the regime. And see what happens. I know a lot of people say that's a gimmick. But I only paid 100 off eBay. I don't think nizoral is as important as the other big 2. I only use Tat once a week. You ever think about using minoxidil 10 Or 15. %. I heard these really speed up growth.

jjchin

Reaction score

@dboy: I have never really heard of minoxidil of more than 5%, to be honest. Give it more time and do update us here. it's only 2mths+ and it's rather hard to see visible results within such a short period of time. Good luck!
Hope it will work out for you :punk:

I'm thinking of using a concealer such as Haircube. Would it affect the minoxidil applied on my scalp? anyone ever tried any concealers? I could do with some recommendations! thanks!

~jjchin

dboy

Reaction score

Jchin,

I tried Toppik Nanogen, and i just got in caboki.....and haven't tried that....look at the videos in caboki.com This seems to be promising....thought i haven't had to try it yet..cuz my hair is covering most my bald spots....

jjchin

Reaction score

Hi dboy, I just checked. it was great! not much of a difference from haircube. I mean one sprays while the other one pours. :woot: but both work nonetheless. I was just afraid that it's going to dampen the minoxidil which is applied to the scalp :(

dboy

Reaction score

If you use rogaibe foam. It should dry pretty quick. Most of the concealed attaches to the hair if you have some hair around. Also. Caboki is made from plants and should not cause side effects.

jjchin

Reaction score

thanks for the recommendation! definitely great stuff. Gonna try that out :)

HairMe

Reaction score

dboy said:
Jchin,

I tried Toppik Nanogen, and i just got in caboki.....and haven't tried that....look at the videos in caboki.com This seems to be promising....thought i haven't had to try it yet..cuz my hair is covering most my bald spots....

dboy, may I know where do you order your caboki? and how long does the shipment take?

dboy

Reaction score

I ordered the CAboki from caboki.com......I just used mine today..I can tell you the black color i ordered looked more natural than toppik or nanogen....those fibers had a bluish tint to the black for some reason. However, I think i'm gonna not use it or toppik or any concealer because i get headaches throughout the day for some reason.....I think my scalp is allergic to anything on it.....

HairMe

Reaction score

and is it easy to apply? I just wanna confirm it before I ordered it later. Thanks!

dboy

Reaction score

Yea..it applies just like toppik....very easy

jjchin

Reaction score

Alright guys, I'm having a little sides right now :( . I can only attribute it to over-applying of minoxidil in the last couple of days. I felt slightly dizzy. Not that it gives problem, may be not yet. Just that I thought it was fatigue from works but then I figure it could be due to minoxidil. I googled on the side effects of minoxidil and indeed, there is dizziness among the sides. Geez, I am gonna have to reduce the dosage tomorrow onwards. Anyone experience dizziness? Could do with some suggestions on how to deal with this. Thanks!

~jjchin

dboy

Reaction score

JCHIN,

any updates on hair? are you using rogaine foam or liquid and how much?

jjchin

Reaction score
Re: Jjchin's Story (25) - 4 months (Aug update)

@ Captain: Thanks for the reply! I reduced it somehow to just 1ml. Can't say much for now :innocent: As a matter of fact I just came back from a Cruise holiday with my gf. So it's either I'm seasick? haha or it's the work of minoxidil :dunno:

@ dboy: I just uploaded my Pic on page 1 for this month and I'm using Rogaine Foam of about 2ml lately.

I notice more hair falls, of about 15-20 of them when applying minoxidil. Those hairs are shorter and tiny than my normal hair. They're about an inch long. Anyhow, I'm still OK and it's not that massive shed I had before.

HairMe

Reaction score

jjchin, you're not losing it still, even if you're losing more hair now. I thought it kinda thicken up since June. Keep it up dude!

highroller19

Reaction score

Hi there!
I read about you shedding using the rogaine foam.
Just wanna share my experience with Rogine foam and shedding. Used minoxidil liquid between 2003 and 2009, then shifted to foam to try it out (dry faster), but man, that was a big mistake. 3 months in to using the foam, I was still shedding, and decided to shift back to rogaine liquid, and after about a month things stabilize again and the shedding stopped. However, 1,5 years later, I have not yet recovered all the lost hair from the rogaine foam period. Just my 2 cents... but you should consider shifting to the liquid if the problems continue.

jjchin

Reaction score

@ highroller19: Hey dude thanks for sharing! I was using liquid before I switch to foam. Guess it's a mild shed I am experiencing right now. I'm currently using foam because it kinda dry faster and easier to apply as compared to using liquid. Is it true you're shedding more due to foam?

@ HairMe: Thanks man. Let's see what happen a month from now :)

highroller19

Reaction score

Hi there!!

I can only speak for myself... but although the foam dried quickly, the shedding was unstandable. I think it is differs between individuals. Do you apply it on dry or damp scalp?