jetsman5ian's Story

jetsman5ian

Reaction score
it started just over a year ago when i had just turned 17, i noticed my temples were higher than they ever had been before but didnt think much of it at the time, then i went on accutane for my acne which cerainly didnt help the situation, all it did was help me lose hair faster than i probably would have

so now, for anyone who has ever taken accutane, i have cracked lips, flaking face and holes in my temples which are getting hard to hide, so i grew my hair out to the length it still is today, but this didnt help either because it just makes it easier for me to pull the hairs out when i shampoo or run my hand through them because my hair is so curly

anyways, i start holding my head down when i walk outside to keep the hair out of the wind and i find myself standing in front of the mirror so much its ridiculous, but it is still pretty easy to hide the baldness cuz its only gone at the temples and there isnt much thinning

then summer comes and it gets harder to hide, i get my first haircut in a long time and its depressing and hard to cover up, so i end up wearing a hat almost all summer, plus i work in construction so i get dust and other sh*t in my hair all day which doesnt help

then i go off to college this fall and my hair is still bad, but now, for the last two months, ive been shedding like crazy and im now losing my whole hairline, its so thin and very hard to cover up, my temples are getting worse and my whole hairline may be gone w/in the next few months at this rate

i got so paranoid by the massive shedding i started seeking quick treatments and got screwed over by procerin, but i did purchase super hair energizer shampoo which i was wondering if any of you guys had tried, it seems like a good shampoo to me, but they say that it can stop hairloss and i was wondering if thats true

im really lost here guys and dont kno wut a good regimen would be for my type of hairloss, all of it at the hairline and temples and a little thinning further back, if you guys have any suggestions whatsoever they would be greatly appreciated

thanx so much

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nizoral shampoo and proscar should be your first options pal. Read as much of this website you can before your eyes go square. This at first may lead to an increase in shedding but alas, its a necessary process. Things generally get harder before they get better, but my advice to you is to get on these treatments as soon as possible.

The earlier you start the better position you will be in later.

In a bit!

jetsman5ian

Reaction score
hey petchsky

thanx for the reply, just a couple of questions for whoever can answer them

wut is nizoral shampoo, how much does it cost, and wut should i use with it to make it most effective?

also, i was thinking about going on dutasteride instead of finasteride because it is more powerful and has pretty much the same side effects

if anybody has any more suggestions for a regimen please let me kno cuz my hairline is thinning out ridiculously fast and the shedding is not stopping

jetsman5ian

Reaction score
is there any hope for my receding hairline w/ any drug, anybody know a good regimen for thinning and recession up front only or wut?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nizoral use to be only available on prescription but is now available to purchase over the counter and is believed to be an anti androgen which helps in the fight against male pattern baldness. Use a conditioner with it as it has a drying effect on the hair.

Propecia and nizoral is the way to go in my opinion.

jetsman5ian

Reaction score
thanx for the advice petchsky, ive decided to go on dutas (generic dutasteride), nizoral 2%, and xandrox 15%

i figure i mite as well go all out to start if i wanna get in under control as soon as possible, its this shedding ive been doing and my front hairline is almost totally gone im thinking about shaving my head for treatment and see what happens from there

wut do u guys think?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Be careful about scalp irritation. I've been going through a minor bout with that. You might want to use T-gel coal tar shampoo on the days you don't use Nizoral.