JerryMaguire's Story-( 21/ pics) *Updated 4/16/11, Page 4*

Jersey

Reaction score
Re: JerryMaguire's Story-( 21/ pics) *Updated 6/7/10, Page 2*

Great Results Bro! I had some similar experience in terms of the shedding and the flakes. I know what what you're saying about the 50 hairs coming off in your hands, Believe me, I've been there! I started on finasteride and minoxidil right around the same time as you did, but both at the same time in early March. While my results have not been nearly as good as yours, I have to say it is working as my hair has become much stronger without a doubt. As for the flakes , I have been using Nizoral for about 2 months, Ihave to say that it controls the flakes but I only use it when I need it(twice a week) or else it seems to actually make the problem worse for me. Anyway, best of luck in your fight and I wish you continued success.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

Just came to give a little update.

I've been shedding quite a bit lately.. probably for like the past week or so.

I'm pretty sure it's because of the stress i've been putting myself through lately. I just started a new job and I don't really mesh with my co-workers.. they're all a lot older than me and I find it hard to relate to them. It's not even a big deal, but I stress about the most meaningless things.

This regression has put me back into depressed mode. Am I gonna experience a shed everytime I experience stress? Do I really wanna put myself through this for the rest of my life? I'm so self-conscious it's stupid. I pick out every little flaw with my appearance until I'm to the point where I absolutely despise myself.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm not as mentally strong as some other people are, my thinning hair is ruining my life. I wanna kill myself but unfortunately my parents love me too much and the only thing that prevents me from doing so is knowing how depressed both of them will be for the rest of their lives. Otherwise it'd be a done deal.

Sorry for anyone who actually read all that, just felt like venting.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Keep on it dude. You don't need to do anything drastic. Your hair seems to be responding, just keep it up, and try to reduce stress.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

Thanks Grayman but I don't know WTF is going on.

I'm getting bad dandruff lately, and whenever I go to pick it the flakes there's like 2-5 hairs attached to the flakes.... what the hell?

11ka2q9.jpg

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Are they flakes or are they sebum? Sebum looks like a hard waxy ball like substance. I can tell you my hair often falls out when sebum production is gigh and the hair is almost always attached to the sebum.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

timallen45 said:
Are they flakes or are they sebum? Sebum looks like a hard waxy ball like substance. I can tell you my hair often falls out when sebum production is gigh and the hair is almost always attached to the sebum.
Yeah bro I think you just described what I have.

I had a couple yesterday that had like 7-10 hairs attached! Ridiculous.

Do you know what's causing it and what can be done to prevent it? This is killing me.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

My scalp has been extremely itchy as of late. Gets pretty red too. Hairs are falling out at an alarming rate.

Setting up a doctor's appointment today, I'm not sure wtf is going on.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score

Your sebaceous glands are in over drive! I think either testosterone or DHT has the ability to turn them on like that. I wish I couldd help you but i'm in the same boat. I remember when I was in my early teenage years and I rarely would sweat. Once I became I man, I started sweating and.....itchy scalp and hairloss. Basically the male pattern baldness gene is ttelling your hairs to give up when they are faced with potent hormones (DHT). Those potent hormones also help me be the best athlete out there and one oof the brightest. Ever notice that most guys that have little body hair and aren't masculine usually are about average at sports? Yea, I know there is an exception but....their is an advantage with sports I think. Sorry to get off topic.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

timallen45 said:
Your sebaceous glands are in over drive! I think either testosterone or DHT has the ability to turn them on like that. I wish I couldd help you but i'm in the same boat. I remember when I was in my early teenage years and I rarely would sweat. Once I became I man, I started sweating and.....itchy scalp and hairloss. Basically the male pattern baldness gene is ttelling your hairs to give up when they are faced with potent hormones (DHT). Those potent hormones also help me be the best athlete out there and one oof the brightest. Ever notice that most guys that have little body hair and aren't masculine usually are about average at sports? Yea, I know there is an exception but....their is an advantage with sports I think. Sorry to get off topic.
I lift weights and play basketball so that could possibly explain the increase in DHT. I do sweat a TON more when I play ball now compared to back when I was in high school. Back then I used to sweat mildly, but now my whole t-shirt is drenched in sweat after an hour or two. So you have a point.

But I don't know if having a lot of body hair and being good at sports has any correlation LOL.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score

My hair isn't responding to treatment anymore.

I've stuck with the big 3 since the start of this thread. I've been shedding for the past 3 months, with no signs of slowing down.

I really don't know what to do right now... really depressed.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
sauydg.jpg

344pgxz.jpg

I'm shed so much the past few months that I'm amazed that I even have this much hair left.

I've already come to terms that I won't be able to spike my hair up ever again. But if I can't have a buzzcut, I'm screwed. Some guys can pull off the bald look, and I'm not one of them. FML.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Stick with it. From what I've read, treatment is a waiting game.

As far as making you feel better right now, Toppik would eliminate ANY signs of baldness you currently have. IF it is bothering you that much, then Toppik/Dermatch is the way to go.

Though personally, I see an improvement from baseline. Your hair looks darker as well, thought that could just be the lighting.

Good Luck!

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
people go through natural sheds all the time, its just more noticable in male pattern baldness because we already have little hair.. i think u are better than baseline and as previous posted said toppik would do wonders for u while u wait for ur hair to grow back from this shed

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
um, dude, your fine, stick with it,

for a timeline of my sheds look at my success story tread.

and got a question you on liquid or foam, and how much do you apply ?

do you apply it to a wet or dry scalp,

thanks

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
I've used dermmatch in the past but it gets way too messy and is hard to apply.

Toppik sounds like a nice alternative but I'm way too active.. I've read some horror storries about using toppik and sweating.

I use kirkland's minoxidil, and I apply 1 ml on a dry scalp.. twice a day.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
The Big 3 just isn't cutting it anymore.

I'm still shedding hairs everyday (which is normal, I know) but I want to get to the point where barely any hairs come out at all.

I know it's possible to get to that point because a few months into the Big 3, I was there.

Has anyone had any success with any topical antiandrogens? And would that be ok to use in addition to the Big 3? Any help would be appreciated.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated this.

I just added emu oil and coconut oil to my regime about 2 week ago. I apply them once every other day. It's too early to tell but it "feels" like it's working. Hair appears to be a little thicker, but it could just seem that way because my hair is longer.

I'll post some pics up in a few weeks.

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Jerry where do you purchase your emu oil and cocaunut oil?
I bought the emu oil called "pure emu oil" from amazon, and the coconut oil I already had laying around the house. Coconut oil shouldn't be hard to find though.

But like I mentioned earlier, I don't know how much it's working or if it's actually working at all. I need to wait it out longer to see if it's truly had any effect, so I don't recommend going out and buy either one just yet. Last thing I want you to do is go out and waste your money.