Jenny's Story - ( More frustrated than words can express )

Just Jenny

Reaction score
I'm new here and really happy to know that someone may have some insight and suggestions.

Since 2007 I've been complaining about hair loss and my doctor's at Kaiser keep saying "it's stress" or "your'e over 40, it's normal" but in the middle of last year I knew otherwise.

Finally after a back-to-back run in and out of the doctor's office, ER rooms and the like from numerous symptoms (not only my scalp) I made an appt. with a Derm. outside of the general area where I was seeing the other doctors.

An intern took a biopsy and LLP! Started with injections and topical but within a few weeks, Plaquenil. A month now and I'm not sure if it's helped as much as I was hoping for.

Since this is so rare, I asked for a referral outside of Kaiser but was told by email that they "Are doing what Vera Price does" and how am I suppose to know what Vera Price does, referral!

I'm sick to my stomach about this and trying to remind myself that I need to keep calm and focused or it could make this worse but my trust in current treatment is questionable.

I've noticed postings about those who have seen Vera Price and were prepared with test results. Any suggestions on what tests should be included in the mix? I was even thinking about obtaining the slide of the biopsy in case it was read wrong.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! I have been under a terrible amout of stress with losses etc... for three years now but this finally reached the most terrible point when things finally calmed down in my life.

Blessings and Thank You!

Jenny