JeffsSS 10 month update

jeffsss

Reaction score
:cry: I wish I had good news to report. but the hair just keeps on falling. I lose about 15 per shower and 15 while what i call "styling"

It's so hard dealing with this. I guess i'm learning to live with it.. but damn.

I may be starting dutasteride in 2 months.. i gave finasteride a 12 month block.

I use tricomin shampoo, sometimes t-gel. my head is always irritated (tender, itchy)

what a horrilbe gene to have... damn.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Some people (Dr. Proctor) suggest that, when you go on treatments, you don't STOP shedding, but that you continue to shed at a constant rate. The shed hairs supposedly grow back.

I don't know what to think about continued shedding.

I think that Avodart is a great medicine and that you'll benefit tons.

Goodluck man.

Dannie

Reaction score
Crying or Very sad I wish I had good news to report. but the hair just keeps on falling. I lose about 15 per shower and 15 while what i call "styling"

It's quite normal to loose up to 100 hair per day so don't be concerned about that 30 :)

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
I just dont get shedding, really who cares about shed hair. The only thing that matters is... is the damn hair growing back stronger or the same? Or is it growing back thinner and thinner. Thats all that really matters about shed hair.

Kojak85

Reaction score
hey jefff

I lose much more than 15 hairs when i shower, just last week i lost 120 hairs in one shower, and its been like this for some time now, but my hair keeps looking better... strange.

anyways as one of the other posters said, its normal to lose 100 hairs a day.

my roomate, who has NO sign of male pattern baldness (lucky bastard) loses up to 50 per shower, so 15 is nothing to go apesh!t about.

hang though bro ;)

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Before you say 100 is normal think bout ratio...

If have 100,000 hairs which you has when you were a kid a certain % of them will fall.... so 100 is normal.

So now if you have lost half your hair...the % remains the same so the count should come down to half....so 100 is not normal

jeffsss

Reaction score
no, it's getting thinner. i'm losing density. and the hair i lose is NOT growing back and it's evident along the hairline and crown.

the 100-150 hairs lost per day may be true.. but not for everyone. up until i was 24 i never recalled seeing any hair while shampooing or combing.. now it just falls out like a dog.

beaner

Reaction score
Jefsss....why don't you start minoxidil and thicken everthing up? You've been posting about your excessive loss forever....you can probably regain some densitywith minoxidil...it helped me.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffs..i remember seeing pics of your...I think it was you and I think it looks great and frankly I did not see any receding or thinning...I think you are just paranoid...I apologise if I am worng...

Dannie

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
no, it's getting thinner. i'm losing density. and the hair i lose is NOT growing back and it's evident along the hairline and crown.

the 100-150 hairs lost per day may be true.. but not for everyone. up until i was 24 i never recalled seeing any hair while shampooing or combing.. now it just falls out like a dog.

I think it's just because you were not upset with your hair loss and you weren't paying attention then.

beaner

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
i dont want a bloated face.

Jefsss.....not everyone gets a bloated face from minoxidil...in fact I would say it is a pretty rare side effect. minoxidil could stop your shedding dead in its tracks (after your minoxidil shed, if you have one) If you get a bloated face, simply quit. If your hair loss bothers you that much, you should take the steps necessary to try to prevent further loss. It's up to you.

jeffsss

Reaction score
k guys. this isnt an optical illusion.. it's not hard to tell your losnig hair.. it's much much thinner than before. i have to keep it short just to look managealble.

i'm thinking of starting rogaine hardcore.. however.. it's for regrowth and im simply losing!!!

i dont know what the hell to do.. i guss i should just accept it.. i'll never have the full thick head of hair again :cry:

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss, you may think you didn't over 100 hairs a day when you were not losing your hair. But the fact is that you never thought about your hair. When you saw that your hair was changing then everything you thought start to be focus on your hair. You see that your losing a lot of hair of the fact the your paying attaction to your hair now. Do you have any before and after photos of your hair? Would really help us of how much you have receding in your hair line or the crowd area. I believe most of your thoughts about your hair is all in your mind like the rest of us.

jeffsss

Reaction score
ACT10Npack said:
jeffsss, you may think you didn't over 100 hairs a day when you were not losing your hair. But the fact is that you never thought about your hair. When you saw that your hair was changing then everything you thought start to be focus on your hair. You see that your losing a lot of hair of the fact the your paying attaction to your hair now. Do you have any before and after photos of your hair? Would really help us of how much you have receding in your hair line or the crowd area. I believe most of your thoughts about your hair is all in your mind like the rest of us.

ya know.. i had some before and my computer crashed.. like an idiot i never saved them on to a CD or anything. i can absolutlyfuckint you, i've lost a lot of hair. there is no question about that.

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds a bit silly, but i've a good friend, he's not particually attractive, and he's balding lots at 23, and I like him all the same.

couldn't care if he's bald, I don't judge him on that.

he's very confident, honest, and has quite the I don't care about what other people think, but in a good sense, that goes a long way

if you loose it, get a hair transplant? that's what i'm figuring, not worth screwing about. I want to see some pics of your hair though where can I look

jeffsss

Reaction score
mark16v said:
sounds a bit silly, but i've a good friend, he's not particually attractive, and he's balding lots at 23, and I like him all the same.

couldn't care if he's bald, I don't judge him on that.

he's very confident, honest, and has quite the I don't care about what other people think, but in a good sense, that goes a long way

if you loose it, get a hair transplant? that's what i'm figuring, not worth screwing about. I want to see some pics of your hair though where can I look

i'll post some updated pics tomorrow.

problem with a hair transplant is that since i'm only 26, i suspect i'm going to lose much more hair. who knows to what Norwood level. I dont want just a hairline, and i really dont want thin whispy hair atop my head.

i'm not holding my breath for HM either.. i also suspect that wont be avalible for many many years to come.