Jedi Poodoo's Story

JEDI PoodOO

Reaction score
Hey guys! First off I really want to thank HairLossTalk.com for all the help and hope this site has given me. I'm 23 and have been losing hair since I was 19. My hair was so long/full/think in my younger days. I was always fasinated with long hair. I was devistated when I first found out I was losing my hair(as we all were). Finally last year I decided to start doing something about it. I started out with Revivogen. I was expecting results too fast at the time and I didn't have the knowlege that I do know so I quit taking it after I ran out (approx 3 months).

Meanwhile my hair continued to defuse and thin so I went to the dermitoligist. By this time I was aware of Propecia, but all he did was suggest that I start on Rogaine. During the first three months with Rogaine I experinced some major sheds and flaking. On my second visit to the Dr. on the third month he told me to continue using Rogain and did not prescribe me to Propecia.

As time passed I noticed that my hairline, especially around my temples were receeding and I knew that I needed to do something for DHT. I returned to the Dr. and he still yet suggessed that I just use the Rogaine. Being somewhat angered I asked him for a prescription to Propecia so he gave me a precription to Proscar (Which is cheaper of coarse).

I've only been taking the Proscar for a little less than a week now along with the Rogaine. No sides yet but I'm not expecting them any time soon. At this point I've been taking Rogaine for approx eight months now and I honestly couldn't tell you if it has worked for me or not due to the sheds. I would rather that I started the Proscar first but oh well. I'm hoping to regrow a little on the top so hopefully the Rogaine along with the Proscar will bring me promising results. I'll keep you all posted and let you know how it goes! :)

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride first, then Min, is definitly a better way to go. Docs, unfortunatly, generally dont know much about the mechanisms of hairloss and its treatments.

Good luck, padawan.