Jean Devroye Md. Claimed I Would Not Get Visible Donor Scars From Fue

browguy4

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am planning a transplant to my eyebrows this fall, and I am very much considering Jean Devroye in Belgium. After a superficial Skype consultation, he thought that my beard between my Adam's apple and chin might be a good donor site. He said I would not "get any scars" from the procedure he had in mind, and even while we did not say so explicitly, I must only assume it was a FUE.

What do you make of this? I know that you would generally expect some scars after a FUE, but I also don't know whether my particular case, with beard donor and brow recipient, makes things different. Did he oversell his plan? Does this sound strange to you?

SeanFUE

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is some subdermal scarring when incisions and extractions are made. However, the level of visible magnitude can be decreased when procedures are done right. Imo, It may mean there may not be distinct visible scarring but all surgeries create some sort of scarring. The area will probably heal in about 6 or so months and may be pinkish or red for few months. In about a year the area should be healed and grafts should be matured to give a natural look. Best of luck.