Javert's Story, 36, And A Bit Of A Rant About Dating While Bald

Javert

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm 36 nw4. Most of my life I've looked way younger than I am until recently the baldness hit hard.

I noticed my hairloss at 24. By my early thirties I was obviously thinning and now it's obvious I'm bald.

I use Minoxidil to slow it down and it does help, but its no miracle cure. Specially with front thinning.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Honestly, If I were married instead of single it would be much less of an issue although in general even single it's not as bad as a lot of posts I've read in this forum. It obviously still sucks though. I date a lot (women 25 - 35 range). I usually wear hats to cover my baldness and when a woman sees my head after good interaction wearing the hat they almost never blink. They seem at ease with it. I always try to pick up women by personality rather than looks. I'm average body weight with a pretty face with no hair.

However with women I'm just meeting for the first time, if they see me without the hat first I always get a sudden reaction of rejection that it's hard to overcome. Manageable but hard.

All in all, it's not the end of the world. But it feels bad to know you would be so much good looking (always helps) with your hair.

For all the younger guys balding there. Just a piece of advice: "It sucks, it's a handicap in life, but you can overcome it with other qualities, you just need to work harder. Get fit, be charismatic, have talent, dress well. Baldness would not be an issue like that.

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair systems are the answer. Idgaf about the stigma, and I’ll deal with trying to get serious with someone later, I’m only 22 and noticeably balding. You’ve got over a decade on me, and at your age balding isn’t that big of a deal.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair systems are the answer. Idgaf about the stigma, and I’ll deal with trying to get serious with someone later, I’m only 22 and noticeably balding. You’ve got over a decade on me, and at your age balding isn’t that big of a deal.

¨racist