Jason Donovan

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone remembers jason donovan, hes a aussie soap/pop star from the 80's also Kylies Ex

and for the last five years or so has been balding, reciding hair line and duffuse at front of head

well any way
he was on tv a couple of nights ago promoting a musical he's in at Londons west end, and was wearing a hat and the interviewer made some remark about his hair, well he removed his hat and ran his hand through his hair and he had a full head of hair, slight reciding hairline, but still a great improvment

any Ideas on how he got his hair back????

It looked real so i dont think he was wearing a wig

Montoya

Reaction score
Need to have a look for some recent pics of him. However i saw a photo of him in Hello mag last summer and he was still extremely receded, i mean very Jude Law-esque except much worse.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
guess i must be the only one to notice that jason donovan seems to have grown his here back

I would love to know how he has done it as he has had great results
also hes the first celeb, i have seen get there hair back

any ideas at all???

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am Jason Donovan. I was once a piece of ***.

_1812717_donovan150.jpg

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I know hes a piece of ***

but one thats somehow growing his hair back, on telly his hair looked much better then that pic

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man, I hate that bastard. I wonder if career decline had anything to do with the fact he was losing his hair. Or maybe it was because he was a talentless bastard.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Simple answer : He's had a hair transplant.

Sean68

Reaction score
his hair just looks longer to me on the photos but i saw him on tv the other night and hes got even more hair now. i read in a magazine that hed been using minoxidil but i couldnt say whether its true.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Red Rose said:
Jason in his pre-hairloss days

The girls at my school used to go crazy for this guy.

When he lost his hair, his career went downhill too. Sad.

he has always had quite a high hairline,its thinner now but he is much older ,hes 38 and he looks old and wrinkled,but like youd expect.its not his hair that ruined his career or his looks,he is still a big performer in the westend.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
In the newspaper article about Donovan was this info

"Hair creams, containing the chemical beta catenin, are one option. They promise to reprogramme hairless adult skin to grow new hair follicles when rubbed into the scalp"

Is this like Retin A or Tretinol?

G

To me his hair is just longer. The hairline is still the same. On the third pic his hair is looking thicker, but it may be the poor lightning. Maybe he is also using some Toppik.

Another reason may be that he has started a treatment and is pretty successful with it. Why does everybody assume that celebs always do hair transplants before trying out the big 3?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I saw an article about 6months ago that said he had a hair transplant. It cant be Toppic etc how could he keep applying it on a reality tv show in the jungle being filmed 24/7?

G

Lol, never heard of the guy. The music sounded somewhat familiar and very gayish, though :lol: .

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Red Rose said:
Jason in his pre-hairloss days

The girls at my school used to go crazy for this guy.

When he lost his hair, his career went downhill too. Sad.

How do you know that this ruined his career, almost every single celebrity runs their course, very talented actors like Jack Nicholson, Robert de Niro and Sean Connery etc etc, will always have a career. This is something Jason is/was not(Talented that is)! -Thats what ruined his career. You move onto different things at different stages of your life, I wouldn't expect a man of 38 to still be a pin-up for teenage girls.

I reacon he's had a hair transplant though, this is a very common procedure for celebritys.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I originally thought that he'd definately had an hair transplant but on closer inspection the hairline is the same, it is just longer thicker. I now believe that he has simply been a positive responder of medication.