Japan's new Mice with bio engineered hair!

El Guapo

Reaction score

Attachments

• baldness-cure-hairless-mice.jpg
    baldness-cure-hairless-mice.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,337
T

TravisB

Look at the video at 0:14! It is the first japanese bald guy I've seen :mrgreen:

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain: is the the first time they manage to growth fully hair on mice (other than through anti-androgen) ? It seemed to me many did already. Why should we get excited (surely not about the 10 years prediction).

I am not being a skeptic here, it would be good to know how this is a breakthrough.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't see why this is a breakthrough??? Imagine how drastically this will impact the quality of life for these mice ....

abcdefg

Reaction score
The credibility of that website? Somewhere close to zero now they are reporting another baldness cure 3 weeks after the previous baldness cure. In 5-10 years we are going to have so many male pattern baldness cures we will need new video on how to decide best way to get all your hair back.
Well at leas the US is leading the way on research into this we already grew hair on mice.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think a cure for male pattern baldness is just a matter of time but is reasonable in next 10-20 years. I think stem cells, and all the possibilities they bring like growing new organs will eventually make it possible. Its just this stuff as we know moves very slowly and of course cost will always be a factor.