20E68CC1-747D-4A9B-85E8-662FA0C82DD8.jpeg
506FC56A-49A5-47D0-A223-20AD95B817A0.jpeg
84E923D0-0095-47C0-9647-04916C22553E.jpeg
A87EC102-0E03-4A06-9D15-1721B50D041B.jpeg
D467D606-A534-47E9-87C5-6BE4BFBA0AA4.jpeg
77A33332-08EB-406E-B492-85430958EBFD.jpeg
CCA4C646-2C3B-4858-BF23-6008233A0442.jpeg
06107909-2162-43B9-8263-8A9F9FFCD12C.png
I came across this when I was googling some stuff about IGF-1. This Japanese company believes that they have found a way to stimulate the release of igf-1 in the scalp in order to assist in the renewal of hairgrowth. I’ll cut to the chase.

Our Approach to Improve Hair Loss by Increasing Hair Growth Factor IGF-1
IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor 1) is well known as a hair growing substance. However, it has not long been established how to increase IGF-I production without adverse effects. Dr. Okajima found that stimulation of sensory neuron safely increases IGF-I production in the body.

Based on this discovery, JHGC offers innovative methods by which IGF-I production is increased in the hair follicle. These methods will contribute to the restoration of normal hair growth and improvement of hair loss.

"IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor)" is a very important growth factor produced in cells throughout the body and it plays critical roles not only in promoting the physical growth but in boosting the immune system and healing power of the body. The growth factor is also produced in the hair follicle and promotes hair growth by proliferating keratinocytes, thereby improving alopecia. IGF-1 is decreased due to any reasons such as stress and aging, which induces hair loss. Therefore, promotion of IGF-I production by the safe method is critical for maintenance of normal hair growth and also for restoration of hair growing power in patients with alopecia.

Mechanism of IGF-1 production in the hair follicle
  • Sensory neurons that transmit the pain and heat sensation to the brain perceive the stimulatory information in the gastrointestinal tract and the skin, thereby releasing CGRP (calcitonin gene-related peptide) in the hair follicle. Dermal papilla cells increase IGF-I production by receiving CGRP, and IGF-I thus formed activates keratinocytes to increase its proliferation. Consequently, hair growth is promoted by sensory neuron stimulation in the gastrointestinal tract and scalp.

SO, what they are saying is that stimulating pain (via massage or wounding), and heat (via blue light), in conjunction with treatments which block dht (fina) CONSISTENTLY, you may see some hair growth. I’ve added some of the before and afters that they provide.

So the “protocol” that they appear to use involves:
- Scalp cleansing
- Intense scalp massage, but I think wounding lightly would also work in the same way.
- supplementation with capsicum to increase igf-1 (you could also use capsaicin or cayenne)
- supplementation with flavonoids which also increase igf-1
- some sort of dht inhibitor
- blue light therapy. Different from the LLT sh*t.

Anyone intereated in reading more about it here’s a link.

I really just wanted to highlight the correlation their studies made between pain/heat receptors and igf-1 stimulating hair growth.

That is all.

http://www.jhgc.com.sg/theory/igf-1/index.html

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
dam, you have been on a roll. The before pics and after pics are pretty dam impressive. Maybe I should start massaging my scalp again while on seti and see how it goes. I put capsaicin/cayenne in all my food, since I love spicy food, so I'm good with that. As for as blue light, would red light work?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
all fpb. where are the pictures of norwood 6's growing hairs?

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seem to remember some posters thinking that too much IGF-1 could prove detrimental, but I'm no expert.

Some of these people have long hair, how did they get the blue light to penetrate?

I also remember another post claiming that 42 degree water also helped hair growth, very interesting stuff.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Will we ever see a new treatment or approach where we see pictures of a Norwood 6 regrowing back to Norwood 1 or 2? Besides actual multiplication or some transplant. Like a topical or internal that changes the right path to get that kind of regrowth by itself?

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Will we ever see a new treatment or approach where we see pictures of a Norwood 6 regrowing back to Norwood 1 or 2? Besides actual multiplication or some transplant. Like a topical or internal that changes the right path to get that kind of regrowth by itself?

I wonder the same thing. Because anything less than that is useless to me.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seem to remember some posters thinking that too much IGF-1 could prove detrimental, but I'm no expert.

Some of these people have long hair, how did they get the blue light to penetrate?

I also remember another post claiming that 42 degree water also helped hair growth, very interesting stuff.
There’s a difference between serum bound igf-1 and unbound. In short, it’s good to raise topical levels of igf, not good to raise the type with causes insulin spikes.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a treatment ever comes about they can achieve this, then that will be the cure.
I honestly don’t see how it can happen without totally altering your genetics and figuring out how to reverse fibrotic tissue.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also @Georgie , this confirms Vickers’ method on zinc thymulin, as it allows IGF-1 to function with its insulin receptor properly. All this evidence on IGF-1 with proven results is really encouraging.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also @Georgie , this confirms Vickers’ method on zinc thymulin, as it allows IGF-1 to function with its insulin receptor properly. All this evidence on IGF-1 with proven results is really encouraging.
Mmm maybe. I think haircloning is potentially a better bet. As I said though, there are so many factors which need correcting with Androgenetic Alopecia. You have to change the persons entire scalp enviroment.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was established a long time ago that igf-1 and its binding proteins are essential for hair growth. DHT inhibits the production of IGF-1 in the scalp, whilst it is raised systemically (bad thing). So if you got an igf blood test done and it’s elevated, you can almost be certain that you also have elevated dht. What interests me about this is that elevated cortisol levels inhibits the production of igf locally also. IGF is one of the key players in normal hair growth cycling. My hair growth is more fucked up than your regular Androgenetic Alopecia. Like seriously seriously fucked up. I also have a bunch of health issues which stem from chronic hypercortisolism. So the igf angle to normalise hair growth is very interesting to me.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to change the persons entire scalp enviroment.

I would happily skin gun myself a new scalp, I heard they grow follicles, I don't know how many but you never know.