Jake Kent starting Hair System company

Nigelw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I knew if I didn't post it someone else would LOL. What do you guys think of this? Maybe even "TooBad" would like to chime in.

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very negative feelings towards this.

Firstly, as someone who puts himself out there I do wish he would recognise how bad his attachments and often systems are. His hairline there is simply not acceptable and gives us all a bad name.

He says this won't be done in China, then where? And how will that be more ethical?

His plan is to improve customer experience, no doubt increased costs if he really is manufacturing elsewhere.. And where else has the expertise for this work? (yes I know NK does a lot of the work for CN).

I wouldn't be keen to try his product because I just do not trust his judgement or experience.

He says transparency.. But has not mentioned possible pricing or manufacturing locations.

I do not see this ending well.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
How can somebody like Jake Kent provide a better product than somebody who is more of a bona fide expert, such as Curtis? It sounds like he is going to have a single "one size fits all" system in a few colors, lots of proprietary adhesives, shampoos and conditioners and direct to his YouTube videos for information on how to use a system. It might be similar to Heydecke hair systems. Not everything that he says is wrong but I remember that he had a very long video about what was causing a smell on his poly system after 3 weeks of wearing, yet he didn't think of the obvious thing that there was sweat build up and that his scalp and the base needed to be cleaned.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I give him props for trying this. However, I don’t see it taking off. His hairline has looked pretty bad lately. At least Curtis’ units are always on point. I would consider using hair by MHE if I wasn’t using a local salon.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Jake Kent once said that God Himself commanded him to become a hair system influencer. So undoubtedly the man will succeed.

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. I think he digs the whole "influencer" thing (making videos, shilling for companies that pay him for that, etc.) way too much to get into the nitty-gritty of contracting with factories overseas and that sort of thing.

I agree with others that his systems frequently look awful.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. I think he digs the whole "influencer" thing (making videos, shilling for companies that pay him for that, etc.) way too much to get into the nitty-gritty of contracting with factories overseas and that sort of thing.

I agree with others that his systems frequently look awful.
Exactly. I’m friends with a salon owner, and he says it’s a lot of work.