Jake Kent interviews baldcafe on YouTube.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I've said.....anyone he can latch onto, to make a buck. He's a clown....Actually more of a parasitic Leech.....or prostitue..... 0 conviction 0 loyalty, 0 value.

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So again why is Hair Club endorsing wrong? I'm thinking of using them for installation for my first system in NYC since I can't find anything else, what's bad about them?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm new to the world of hair systems, what is wrong with Hair Club? Too expensive?
Their systems are of low quality, and high pressure to be locked into plans that wind up being expensive. You can't go outside their network for service or do your own maintenance (usually).

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Their systems are of low quality, and high pressure to be locked into plans that wind up being expensive. You can't go outside their network for service or do your own maintenance (usually).

I did a forum search for NYC hair system salons and it shows that you PM'd a few a recommendation? Can you please recommend me an NYC salon?

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did a forum search for NYC hair system salons and it shows that you PM'd a few a recommendation? Can you please recommend me an NYC salon?
The salons I know of are all affiliated with other hair replacement companies. I did hear of a place called "Barba"...

Can't vouch for them personally. But they do work on systems from other vendors.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to toss more gasoline onto the fire, but have to share this video I ran across on YT when looking at hair system videos.
He does a full testimonial for hair club's channel advertising the Xtrands+. Not sure if this has been shared on forum yet, sorry if it already has been posted. Feel like this video says it all.....
Holy sh*t! That is f$&ked up.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@noblesources two of the most prominent stylists in NYC who will work on a system you supply are Blanca Riveros and Didi Nikolova.

They've both been in the biz for years.

After speaking to both on the phone I decided to use Blanca to get me started- she is very nice and listens closely and patiently. She helped me with the specs on my initial order, and did my first fitting. I didn't really want a cut-in from her, and explained that I'm confident in my own haircutting ability. She told me that cutting a hairpiece is different, and in the end I let her do it. I figured I could cut it myself afterwards if I wasn't happy with what she did, and that's exactly what happened LOL. It's not that she did a bad job - it was basically what I'd asked for, it's just that most stylists will leave some extra length around the perimeter to allow your own hair room to grow. I didn't like that and trim my own hair frequently enough that I don't need it.
This was several years ago and I haven't used a salon for anything since.

I think there is some consensus that Blanca is nicer to deal with than Didi, but it's much harder to get an appointment with Didi IIRC. interpret that as you will.

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should add that Blanca made herself available to answer follow up questions at length and in detail in the weeks following my appointment. That was hugely helpful for me and time consuming for her!