JAK inhibitors side effects

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score
What kind of side effects could we expect from a topical JAK inhibitor? Could the side effects potentially be worse than the finasteride side effects?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'll drink to that.
Buzzed.gif

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since some JAK inhibitors already have FDA approval for other uses does that help speed up clinical trials for topical use and hair loss?

Just curious if that will help move things along quicker if it's determined it works for Androgenetic Alopecia.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since some JAK inhibitors already have FDA approval for other uses does that help speed up clinical trials for topical use and hair loss?

Just curious if that will help move things along quicker if it's determined it works for Androgenetic Alopecia.

Technically, you could get them prescribed to you off-label but only with a doctors prescription.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Technically, you could get them prescribed to you off-label but only with a doctors prescription.

Thanks for the response Hell. I figured that would be possible but do they even make topical JAK inhibitors yet? Even if they did I'd be surprised if they were the right dosage/vehicle.

I know this is way down the road if it even works but just curious in general if clinical trials move along faster if the drug has a previous approval for a different use.