ivoo's story (35 years old) - just starting on finasteride

ivoo77

Reaction score
ivoo's story (35 years old) - 3 month on finasteride

I am 35 years old, and I noticed that my hair started thinning in the crown before 2 years. Since then I use only minoxidil 5% 1ml. every day, but before one month I saw that things are become worse than ever.Now I decided to start a more intensive regime, include:

- finasteride (1.25 mg) every day
- Omega 3 - 1000 mg every day
- Revalid - 2 pills every day
- Nizoral 2% - twice per week.

I continued treatment with minoxidil 5%, but now with 1ml. twice a day.Finasteride that I take is 1/4 pill Proscar every day.

I'm on this regime for almost one month, and I still do not see big improvements, so for now I am posting photos from beginning of "big 3" regimen. I will post a new photos after 2 month,I hope for some improvement till then. At this time I have no any side effects. I saw many finasteride success story in this forum and I hope to be one of them.
I am waiting for your opinions and recommendations about my regime.
Photos below are from 03.11.2012.

Thank you and regards.

up.jpg back.jpg

Last edited:

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
You hope for improvement after 1-2 months? Wow. I didn't see any improvement on finasteride till months 16-18 when my hair started growing like nuts out of nowhere.

ivoo77

Reaction score
You hope for improvement after 1-2 months? Wow. I didn't see any improvement on finasteride till months 16-18 when my hair started growing like nuts out of nowhere.

I hope for any improvements whenever. Оf course I do not expect a miracle for 3 month. But as the Russians says - " We Will Live, We Will See..." :)

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
This happened in only two years? Seems aggressive then. Im surprised it started so late but then strongly.

ivoo77

Reaction score
I'm three months on the big three now. Difference from the beginning is not big, but I do not lose hope.
I have no any side effects from finasteride (1/4 pill Proscar every day).
Pictures below I did just a few minutes ago.

front03.jpg back03.jpg

Still_Ill

Reaction score
The lighting and hair lengths are different than in your first set of pictures, but it seems like you've got some thickening happening in the temples, midscalp, and crown regions. This is looking very promising. Keep up your good work and your patience. I bet you'll continue to see improvement in the coming months as long as you remain consistent with your regimen.

ivoo77

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I too think that my temples are a little bit better, that is encouraging and means that the medications works to me. However, three months is a very short time.
At the moment that is my regime:

- Finasteride (1.25 mg) every day
- Nizoral 2% - twice per week.
- Мinoxidil 5%, 1ml twice a day

ivoo77

Reaction score
I'm 5 month on big three now, and begins to appear visible difference from baseline
beforeafter5month.jpg