I've Two Basic Questions Regarding Minoxidil Can U Guys Help??

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Q1. After stopping minoxidil would i go back to how i lool before starting it? Or worse?

Q2. Does finasteride maintains minoxidil growth? Like for example i started using minoxidil for 1 year and had some regrowth and then stop would fina be able to maintain it?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Q1. if you stop you'll lose all gains that minoxidil gave you, and your hair might look worse because you'd go to the situation your hair would have been naturally as if you never used anything. minoxidil doesn't stop the receding process.

Q2. as far as I know finasteride doesn't keep your minoxidil gains. you'd have to use it for the rest of your life to keep its gains.

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Q1. if you stop you'll lose all gains that minoxidil gave you, and your hair might look worse because you'd go to the situation your hair would have been naturally as if you never used anything. minoxidil doesn't stop the receding process.

Q2. as far as I know finasteride doesn't keep your minoxidil gains. you'd have to use it for the rest of your life to keep its gains.
So for Q1 if i stop minoxidil i would look exactly the way i look before using minoxidil? Or would it enhance the baldness?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for Q1 if i stop minoxidil i would look exactly the way i look before using minoxidil? Or would it enhance the baldness?

bascally you'll look the way before you started + all the extra hair loss you'd have naturally gotten as time went by.

minoxidil just basically enhance your hair growth, it doesn't stop your hair from receding, even on minoxidil you'll keep losing hair, it will just seem/be slower because minoxidil basically puts your growing phase on boost. but it can only work so far if you don't also stop the receding process.

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bascally you'll look the way before you started + all the extra hair loss you'd have naturally gotten as time went by.

minoxidil just basically enhance your hair growth, it doesn't stop your hair from receding, even on minoxidil you'll keep losing hair, it will just seem/be slower because minoxidil basically puts your growing phase on boost. but it can only work so far if you don't also stop the receding process.
So basically it's useless for long term? So i should only use fina