I'VE STOPPED SHEDDING!! :D :D

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Or so it seems.

Last year, especially from October-June I was shedding at a really bad rate, would have over a dozen hairs on each palm running hands through and at least 2x worse in the shower. Itching was intense too. Itch is still there (just not as bad). But I've had itchy hair and dandruff all my life no matter what I do. Now I can run my hair through my hair all day and would be (un)lucky to see 2 strands of hair on my hands or palms. This has been like this for about a month so hopefully it stays this way.

I can still pass for a "full head of hair" to most people, I'd say NW1.5-2, but temples definitely thinned in the last year. Crown is still intact for the most part. I'm not running anything besides nizoral 2x a week, was doing topical spironolactone and emu oil EOD but got lazy with that and stopped. I have an unopened pack of finasteride (Proscar) on my shelf that I was so close to starting, but gonna put that off for as long as possible now.

Peace.
Hi, i see that you are using spironolactone? Is that your own mixture or spironolactone from this website?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great. thanks for the update.

This site is great, at HLHelp, you would be torn up. I can understand being concerned about shedding, that's how i started 20 years ago, massive shedding. Good to hear it's stopped and thanks for the update.

I do not recommend finasteride until absolutely necessary.

If it resumes, google "zix hair", ive been using that for 11 years and it's been a massive help.

I just started lipogaine big 3 shampoo (like nizoral), only been a month.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Do you think nizoral gave you an initial shed?

I started nizoral in December, 2x a week and noticed a bigger shed and my hairline is way worse now. I can't find any exact evidence for a "nizoral shed" but after almost quitting nizoral, I have decided to stick it out until I finish this bottle. I think it should last me until April, at which point I will see if some of my density has returned.