I've never peed this much in my life

Deaner

Reaction score
I've read a couple posts of people having to pee a ton, and having not had a SINGLE beverage today, I've peed 4 times since 8AM (it's now 2 and I'm about to pee again, that'll make it 5). What's the deal?! Recently, I've been waking up @ 7 or 8AM every morning just to pee, and peeing @ 2-3AM every night (which wakes me up), even though I peed @ 12 before going to bed sorta thing. That's ALOTTA PEEING! :p Anybody know what's up, similar experiences on finasteride?

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Same stuff was happening to me before I started finasteride. It has since improved. Maybe it has something to do with the prostate.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My uncle has that problem and has to have surgery. This was due to his Prostate enlarging and pressing against his bladder. The poor bastard wakes up 6 to 8 times at night to pee. He is having the enlarged tissue removed but will be shooting blanks after the operation. If anything Propecia would help the situation as the active ingredient helps with prostate problems.

Hope this helps,
Tony

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner: The same sh*t's happening to me. I never once attributed it to the finasteride but for a while there I was getting pretty scared about diabetes because I"m always tired too and those are two of the main symptoms. Maybe I'll do a test and eat 18 chocolate bars and see if I need to be hospitalized afterwards.

Bismarck

Reaction score
The prostate should not be a problem before you're in your late 30s. Perhaps you drink too much caffeine, this makes the water come out of your body.

Deaner

Reaction score
I have drank no caffeine (not even Coke) in the LONGEST time. I'm actually really really really tired all the time, and I pee alot now too, and now that I know those are two symptoms of diabetes ... yikes, haha

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner: Sorry I got you scared, buddy. I think statistically it's an improbability that we'd develop Diabetes right now.. I guess you never know though. Maybe you should try my chocoloate bar test, while under supervision.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are worried go to a doctor bro, only way you will get answers.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Deaner said:

Hmm.. Diabates type 1 normally appears with 15 or so...
If it doesn't stop see your Doctor. Make a blood and an urine test and you'll know it.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
It might be the Propecia. I've had problems with frequent urination (quite severe at times) ever since taking finasteride. It could be related to higher estrogen levels, which some doctors believe is a factor in BPH. Finasteride has been known to raise estrogen levels.

If it persists, it won't hurt to check your estrogen and estradiol levels.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Deaner said:
I've read a couple posts of people having to pee a ton, and having not had a SINGLE beverage today, I've peed 4 times since 8AM (it's now 2 and I'm about to pee again, that'll make it 5). What's the deal?! Recently, I've been waking up @ 7 or 8AM every morning just to pee, and peeing @ 2-3AM every night (which wakes me up), even though I peed @ 12 before going to bed sorta thing. That's ALOTTA PEEING! :p Anybody know what's up, similar experiences on finasteride?
Yes its the finasteride. Very common. It directly affects your prostate so it will directly affect some guys peeing routines.

HairLossTalk.com

Deaner

Reaction score
Does this at least mean that Propecia is taking effect on me and I can hope for results? :wink:

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Does this at least mean that Propecia is taking effect on me and I can hope for results? :wink:

No. It means you have to pee a lot.

You'll have to wait and see.

Side effects does not necessarily equal good results.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Deaner said:
Does this at least mean that Propecia is taking effect on me
Just that its taking effect on your prostate. And yes you can hope for results. You have an 83% chance if you ride out the sheds and give it at least 2 years.

HairLossTalk.com

DovF

Reaction score
See a Doctor, maybe Get a blood and urine test

If you are having serious problems, including an enlarged prostate, since starting finasteride, see a doctor.
You can go to the perscribing doctor or to a urologist.
You will get a prostate exam. (Damn unpleasent proceedure. I'm never having it done in Chelsea, NYC again. The Doctor said I might enjoy it. EWWW. :freaked: )

You will probably also have a blood test done. If you are afraid of Type II diabetes (I am, damn thing runs on both sides of my family), you should have a fasting blood test done. You will also have to give a urine sample.
It is likely that they will then give you a standard glucose drink. (It is supposed to taste like orange. It tastes horrible.)
They will then repeate tests on you 30 minutes and possibly an hour later to see how your body reacts.

Be sure to list all the medical drugs and natural suppliments you have taken.

If you are afraid of diabetes, it is better to know early. That way it can be treated with fewer complications.
I would also note that there is some kind of correlation between diabetes and hairloss.
Of course, the other side effects are much worse. (Had an uncle who lost a leg towards the end of his life. He died of complications. :cry: )

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree you should get checked for diabetes if you're concerned about it. But if you noticed it as soon as starting finasteride, it's likely the finasteride. You're not the only one to experience frequent urination from finasteride.

As far as getting your prostate checked, I think there are other options aside from the digital rectal exam. You could always get an ultrasound or an MRI done.

Deaner

Reaction score
This little phenomenon has definitely subsided entirely. It went on for about a week and a half, and now I'm back to normal levels. More than likely the Propecia!

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm it could be the prostate... if by prostate you mean prostitute that gave you an STD causing frequent urination.

Actually there does exist some commonalities between prostate problems and hair loss such as the proposed treatment of saw palmetto.