I've Just Had An Fue Procedure With Dr Reys

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be an improvement to a certain extent at least. If the density in the recipient zone is good enough then it should cover the lower density on the leading edge of my existing hairline behind it. But that's a big if, just have to wait and see now, 2 and a half months is a difficult time post op.

One good thing though, is that since my hairline shape is fixed, it'll look better if I do need to shave it down and reinforce. I couldn't stomach shaving down this year because I don't wa to to show the world my hairline shape, especially since I teach teenagers, not the most forgiving demographic, though they haven't realised my hair loss yet.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you golden ? are you on minoxidil or propecia ? what was your Norwood before the operation ?
The result will be great i am sure .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry for the dumb question , i didnt check your regimen . Dis dutasteride help you more than propecia to maintain your hairline ? Minoxidil helped your hairline too?.
I am really tempted to do an fue for my temple but i am only 23 yo , and maybe i should wait for tsuji to come .

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 30, finasteride and minoxidil for over 3 years, dutasteride on Mon/Wed/Fri for 4 months. Can't see any significant cut gains over finasteride but I think I'm maintaining despite shedding 160+ hairs a day.
Tried 15% minoxidil for 1 year but didn't notice any difference.
finasteride and minoxidil did regrow some hairline but not temples

resu

Reaction score
If you raise your eyebrows the last wrinkle is where your original hairline used to be. I would say your Norwood is close to a NW2A, you have the type of hair loss where the hairline keeps going up, my cousin is the same and he does the caesar cut to hide it.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a 2A (wish I was, it's the best pattern) I was a diffuse NW3v before finasteride and minoxidil, got it down to a 2.5 with meds. So I guess my new hairline is a 2 then? That's what I thought. I still have 700 grafts which I paid for that weren't used in the first surgery so I'll have him addres the gaps and temple points with a second surgery next year.

resu

Reaction score
Fix+minoxidil tricked my perception of your hair loss. If you hold your density you could go even lower, it looks natural so you can always be happy for that.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fix+minoxidil tricked my perception of your hair loss. If you hold your density you could go even lower, it looks natural so you can always be happy for that.
Well I don't actually care about going lower, I don't know if I ever was an NW1 but I'm definitely ok with being an NW2. Density, temple points and maintenance are my remaining concern. Adding dutasteride hopefully will help with that, I'll try Replicel and Tsuji Riken when available and will definitely get one more hair transplant next year to fix what I assume were neglected in the first hair transplant

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, looks like a non balding hairline to every casual person, it's good. And it's only been a few months so more to come which will make your hair look thicker since it's quite fine.

But you do actually look like a Norwood 2A so I agree with Resu. Mainly due to a high forehead - naturally I'm guessing but you would have to see younger pictures of your juvenile hairline or measure from your highest wrinkle as resu said to determine if you're truly Norwood 2. The wide forehead is due to no temples as you note yourself. Should have been measured in the surgery itself but I guess it wasn't.

I know it was only 700 odd grafts and no reinforcement done (won't discuss pros and cons of that anymore) but I have to say I wouldn't have chosen that hairline, especially bearing in mind your face shape and forehead. A high straight hairline looks a bit strange to me, fake almost or attracts attention. Either real juve or mature is more natural. Maybe it's not actually that straight and high but looks it for some reason.

Looking in this section I can see some of the other surgeries that have been posted and I see parallels between the approach and design of my hairline to theirs. In your situation I would have opted for a lower centre which then rises a little higher in each corner.

I'm sure this hairline is exactly what you wanted as you described it earlier, so in that sense as long as you like it.

I'm trying to decide on what kind of hairline I'm going to go with, something between NW1-NW1.5. I want something real youthful, but I want it to still look good and natural when I hit 40+, plus I don't know if I've ever really had an NW1 hairline, as I have pictures of myself as a 15/16 year old NW1.5-2ish...need to figure this out in the next 2 months

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm totally happy with it. I'm happy with the height, I think the right half, from centre to hairline looks pretty good, the left half does t look as dense and had a little more thinning which wasn't addressed. I think if I'd shave in a few months it'd actually look ok though. So when I go back to add density, and shave, nobody will see a balding hairline. Don't know how I'll hide temple points reconstruction though, that'll be very obvious...

shookwun

Reaction score
Most doctors will give you a widows peak. Where the center of the hairline is at its lowest that gradually gets higher up on the temple angles. As mentioned by wilg pack this is the most narural loom, and best way to achieve a semi low hairline type of look. Compound that with good temple points and it will look aesthetic.

Not sure if it's the pictures but your hairline looks rounded/straight. Maybe it's just my eyes. As long as your happy bro.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, a slight tip for a widows peak and temple points should have been done. Obviously the hairline design and graft placement were not as well done as they should have been. I specifically asked for temple points in the consultation, they agreed but forgot to do then in the surgery.
Nonetheless I quite like how the right side looks, but less so for the other side. As I said previously, I expect a significant improvement, but this is most likely won't be the finished product and I intend to go back next year for the remaining 750 grAfts, maybe add another 250 and go for frontal third reinforcement.
As for facial aesthetics, even before hair loss this was an issue, the wide forehead look has always been there because I've always had a wide, high, and flat forehead. It's not actually due to the hairline design, just my forehead unfortunately.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most reputable surgeons will draw the juvenile hairline and mature hairline. They will do this by measuring appropriately in different ways, forehead wrinkling e.t.c. Also the rule of 1/3s (dividing the face into 3) to ensure the hairline position and shape gives a balanced look to your face and not a contradictory look. You need some temple points too ideally.

It's permanent and the front of the face, so ideally you want to get it right first time. A Norwood 1-1.5 is basically a mature hairline. Juvenile hairline is half inch lower in the centre and an inch lower on the sides - rarely implanted for various reasons.

Well explained. You have to take into account facial characteristics too. Sometimes a straight high hairline can look good, but it's pretty rare.

Swoop's and a couple of picture on here recently, showed a very natural design that you describe.

Callum Best had a good one.

73b112c7279632726dad186a28310bb5.jpg

The Rock's hairline, not so. Black people can get away more with a high square hairline, but still.

therock.jpg

I'm fortunate to still have my temple points. Just need to fill in abrupt recession at the sides of the hairline to create angle closure.

Would you consider Brad Pitt a juvenile or mature hairline?
Brad-Pitt-Fury-min.jpg

I've always thought of him as NW1. With the juvenile, NW0 being this kind of thing:
CC0l2PpWgAAnPxI.jpg

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the start I wanted a conservative hairline and to conserve my grafts, I never had a low hairline, but the temple points were a big oversight and should have been addressed. I wouldn't dream of asking for a NW1 given my diffuse pattern, taking after an NW6 grandfather and fine hair calibre. I'll use up to another 1200 grafts for temple points and reinforcement but I won't lower my hairline any further unless it's via Shiseido or Tsuji Riken.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just hit the 6 month mark so thought I'd upload some pictures. Getting a lot of questions about my new hairline lately. Really hope it thickens up a lot in the next few months...
First two standing directly under a light, last two under less harsh lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_4029.JPG
    IMG_4029.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4028.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just hit the 6 month mark so thought I'd upload some pictures. Getting a lot of questions about my new hairline lately. Really hope it thickens up a lot in the next few months...

Should have got more grafts.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not very helpful advice. I wanted more, asked for 1200, he told me 800 would be enough and offered to refund me for the unused grafts.

shookwun

Reaction score
First two standing directly under a light, last two under less harsh lighting.
Six months is nothing lol

people with weak roots, skinny hairs and otherwise fine characteristics wont see an appreciable result until 12 months.

Trust me, I was f*****g depressed over my first transplant until I hit 12-18 months

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It won't need to match my native hair length to tell if the density is enough to not look see through under lights. I specifically stated to him that density was my main concern and was told that he would dense Pack my hairline and do 50 FU per cm2. Not sure if that's what I'll get or if it's even enough to give coverage, but I believe 55-60 is the FU per cm2 is the highest most surgeons are capable of.