I've had a transplant but I'm looking at getting a System

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
melbournelad said:
I don't have destroyed towels and
pillow cases by Toppik nor do I stockpile an unusual amount of hairspray
anymore. I also do not look like I have run m head through the dirt.
:lol:
Sorry for laughing, but as a guy who uses concealers and is waiting for my first piece to come in, what you said there was so "me". The pillows with brown gunk on them, the tons of hairspray I use to lock the gunk in place (not to mention, the gunk getting all over my bathroom)! :lol: I can identify with it all.
Kinda sad, really. I'm glad I will soon be getting away from that.

And your posts are very informative!

melbournelad

Reaction score
Piece #2 going in on Saturday morning. My current one has finally done its dash I think.

The base isn't warn but frayed around the edges. The lengths are a bit funny in places on the front, not from being cut incorrectly, but I think its lost too much hair.

I've lost some more of my own hair too so the template 'no longer applies'.

It's still wearable and looks healthy enough but I've got a course for two weeks that involves climbing and upside down stuff so I can't afford any white spots coming through and all that.

Glue seems to be losing its effectiveness too with increased 'sun'.

I might start trying out some tapes too for the front of the piece. It's becoming increasingly hard to do the front and I'm to get my hat on, hat off times down to a minimum.

melbournelad

Reaction score
I get some supplies from Coolpiece. Very expensive to move their stuff here to Australia. $50 US to move a couple of bottles of glue!

New piece is in. Fits better. Covers better. It's very thick! Haven't really had too much time to play with it.

Probably looks kinda wiggy right now but I'll get stuck into it in the next week.

I had a new stylist this time. Same place. This girl's very good. Was very happy to pass on the intelligence (where the other two haven't been). She gave me places to go to pick up bits and pieces and she actually cut the base while it was stuck on my head so it's 100% coverage now.

Good to go...

hairissuesnCA

Reaction score
Hair system Q's for melbournelad

Hey melbournelad,

I have issues with styling the hair in front. I have a freestyle system and would like to keep the hair around 1.5 inches in length, comb forward, with little spiked up in front. Unfortunately, with my current piece, the hair likes to only go one direction in the front, from left to right. Thus the parted looks suits this particular piece better than a comb foward look, since I can only get the hair to stay in place on the right side in front. The left side kind of just does its own thing, and I cannot get both sides to match in front (if you know what I mean). I have discussed this look with the online hairsystem and hope that the hairs in front behave better with the next unit.

One thing I should mention. When I had the hairsystem cut in, the stylist parted it down the left side, and then began cutting the hair. I'm guessing that this has something to do with the way the hair behaves as a whole and the style I am forced to use now. I do think hairsystems look better with a free-flowing style and can look wiggy when you have to style perfectly as with a parting and gel to hold in place. I have heard that the best way is to cut-in the system is with the hair styled in the direction you want, and then begin the cutting process. I think that the stylist I go to cuts for older gentlemen, thus is not familiar with newer styles.

Any suggestions with styling/cut-ins to achieve more trendy looks??