Ive Given Up

G

Thin Jim said:
I will try Jayman, never done that sort of thing before though. However if I do you have to be totally honest and not just lay into me cause your are against hairpieces.

of course i'll be honest. i wouldn't be able to tell michiganbaldy was wearing a hairpiece if i saw him on the street.

Thin Jim

Reaction score
Michigan Baldy has great hair. I have bought his DVD and it really seems quite easy to do attachments and cleaning etc. Also did you notice how much better MB looked with his wig on, it took about 15 years off his appearance and totally natural looking. You really would never know and even once you do know it is still very hard to tell.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thin Jim said:
I will try Jayman, never done that sort of thing before though. However if I do you have to be totally honest and not just lay into me cause your are against hairpieces.

At least let us know how it goes and keep us posted. I am actually quite interested in knowing how it all goes for you.

Good luck bro.

G

Hmm, didn't you just tell about your bald friend who's constantly commenting on other balding men, inspecting their hair etc? Don't you think at least he will know that you're wearing a wig? I mean, he's probably noticed that you're balding by now, he probably will notice how your hair is suddenly thicker.

Thin Jim

Reaction score
Well my two hair pieces came through last week and im pretty sure I have already been busted. Not busted because of how I looked with it on but busted because the box had the UPS receipt on the outside which had synthetic head wear written on it. My dad was the one who signed for it and also had to pay around 50 dollars import duty which I had no idea I would have to pay. Its not the end of the world that my parents know because they already know about my hair loss problems, but it really pissed me off at the time. I really could not believe the company (coolpiece) would write that on the outside. Surely they must realise people want to keep whats in the box confidential. My Xandrox boxes have 'cosmetic samples' written on the outside which is great and I thought coolpiece would do something similar.

The hair pieces themselves were not what I was expecting. I ordered 65% density and this proved to be way way too thin for me. The hair that I have now was thicker than that on the wigs, the pictures on the website are very deceiving. Also the shape was all wrong and did not fit my head at all. I was not even prepared to try putting it on so I have sent one of them back. I do not plan on ordering from them again as I had to pay 250 dollars each for the wig, plus 50 dollars shipping and 50 dollars import tax. Its far too expensive to keep paying that sort of money so from now on I will order from toplace and I am going to get them custom made. They are much cheaper and the shipping is also less.

I'm now going to order the new wigs in case it gets to the point where I have no choice and have decided to have one last throw of the dice. I'm going to start dutasteride along with my Xandrox 15%, and for the last month I have also seen some good results from taking 50mg thyroxine. Its really given a new fullness and bounce to my hair, and I can feel fresh stubble on my scalp. I think this has worked well in combination with the finasteride im taking. I have always suffered from mild symptoms of Hyperthyroidism so thought I would give it a shot. Its really cheap to buy the stuff as well. Im gonna have the new pieces ready if the worst should happen though so I have not totally gone off wearing them, just delaying it.

G

first , toplace is the best and cheapest.

congratulations that you grow back some. maybe you dont need the hairpieces anymore?`that woudl be great for you. then you wont be "thinjim" you will be "thickjim"

:)

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thin Jim said:
I really could not believe the company (coolpiece) would write that on the outside. Surely they must realise people want to keep whats in the box confidential. My Xandrox boxes have 'cosmetic samples' written on the outside which is great and I thought coolpiece would do something similar.

Also the shape was all wrong and did not fit my head at all. I was not even prepared to try putting it on so I have sent one of them back.

I thought you said you were fine with others discovering you would be a wig wearer. Now you care if the box is labled as a wig product? Sounds like you truely aren't prepared for being an "I wear a wig and im proud" kind of guy.

Secondly, why are you suprised some company that is far away from you couldn't manufacture a fake scalp with fake hair that looks like your natural hair?

Wig wearers are an embarassment to bald people.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Thin Jim said:
I really could not believe the company (coolpiece) would write that on the outside. Surely they must realise people want to keep whats in the box confidential. My Xandrox boxes have 'cosmetic samples' written on the outside which is great and I thought coolpiece would do something similar.

Also the shape was all wrong and did not fit my head at all. I was not even prepared to try putting it on so I have sent one of them back.

I thought you said you were fine with others discovering you would be a wig wearer. Now you care if the box is labled as a wig product? Sounds like you truely aren't prepared for being an "I wear a wig and im proud" kind of guy.

Secondly, why are you suprised some company that is far away from you couldn't manufacture a fake scalp with fake hair that looks like your natural hair?

Wig wearers are an embarassment to bald people.

f*** off, a**h**.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thin Jim said:
Well the time has now come where I have had to make a decision. I have been on finasteride and xandrox 15% for pretty much a year and decided that its just not worth it. Although I think the xandrox has regrown a little amount of hair along the hairline, overall my situation is worse than it was a year ago. /quote]

Why don't you increase the products in your regimen. I bet if we put our brains together we could name 50 products that could help you. And some of the sh*t isn't airy-fairy crap, it's potent, like RU. It's just how bad do you want it. Do you want to make the commitment, both financial and time-wise? I can tell you I'd put my money towards topicals and internals any day than on a wig.

Man, say you'll be the guinea pig, I bet you will get so much help.