I've Been Taking 1/8th A Mg, 0.125mg Daily With No Side Effects So Far. How Can I Do This Better?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

For reference my hairline is a NW1 but I noticed the crown area losing some hair near the whorl so I've started earlier before it expands further.

I started taking a small dose of finasteride daily, it's not truly a microdose as that would fall under the range of 0.10mg, but it's 0.125mg approximately.

Note: I'm not interested in debating the efficacy of smaller doses vs 1mg and side effect rates as that has been discussed quite a bit. Even though the DHT cut is about the same at 0.5mg and even 0.25mg, you are inhibiting less 5AR2 which might impact other things not accounted for. It might even be true that any dose that isn't incredibly small is bound to give you the same side effects as 1mg eventually, as there is quite a bit of a logarithmic return (flat dose response). But this is for my peace of mind.

I take the pill and cut it into fourths, then I cut the fourths into another half which makes into an eighth. Right now I get the aurobindo J81 pills that have a powdery exterior so it's easy to do it with these, but in the future I might get another generic if the pharmacy randomly changes the manufacturer to one that has the red hard coating, and so it's going to be difficult to continue my regimen.

I'm also worried (even currently) that the drug is not evenly distributed inside the filler and I might be taking placebos some days.

I uploaded a pic of what the pill looks like in full and the dose that I took next to it.
image0.jpg

So what should I do? should I just pulverize the pills and then measure the powder somehow? Any ideas on how this could be done with no liquids and on which instruments I should get?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try taking .25mg a day instead. Much easier and more effective. I can understand if you're concerned about non-sexual sides. Most people are only worried about the sexual sides. Really though, .25mg is going to be more effective with little increased chance of sides.
I’m not interested in changing the dose. It’s non-negotiable. I have been doing it for three months and have had zero side effects other than feeling slightly tired sometimes. Not even watery semen. And the hair has actually filled up in the crown region. If you google “DHT inhibition chart” you can see how 0.25 mg is almost the same as 1mg.

Reaction score
You could pulverize the pills, pour the powder into a small glass pipette bottle, then add 8ml of Vodka to each 1mg of Finasteride.
Shake the mixture until fully dissolved.
Draw 1ml of solution for consumption whenever you want to administer yourself 01.25mg of Finasteride.