I've Been On Avodart For 12 Years Now

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
Mantained for 4/5 years, I've been slowly losing some ground.

Pictures timeline. Hair is shorter/longer in some pictures, sorry but that's the best I have.

2009 (I've started taking Avodart in the beginning of 2008 but these are the most recent ones I could get)

HPIM0653.JPG
HPIM0660.JPG
HPIM0665.JPG

IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg
IMG_0664.jpg
IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

cab1.jpg
cab2.jpg
cab3.jpg
cab4.jpg
cab5.jpg

Last edited:

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You prevent your androgenetic alopecia so early! I wish I was that smart :/ This is dutasteride only treatment?

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is/was your routine? How many duts a week? did you lessen intake when you established it in your system? How long before you saw results.

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
OP, how old are you?

How is hair loss in your family?

Did you use anything else?

THanks

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
You prevent your androgenetic alopecia so early! I wish I was that smart :/ This is dutasteride only treatment?

Yes, I've tried other stuff like RU but I had to stop because it gave me heart palpitations. I take Avodart daily and use Nizoral 2x a week.

what is/was your routine? How many duts a week? did you lessen intake when you established it in your system? How long before you saw results.

My routine is 0,5mg Avodart daily. I did a loading phase of 1,5mg a day for 10 days. I can't say I saw any results, because I started to use it really early, but I've mantained pretty well for 5/6 years maybe.

OP, how old are you?

How is hair loss in your family?

Did you use anything else?

THanks

I'm turning 33.
Hair loss from both of my parents side: their brothers and fathers. My father its just starting now to lose some hair, but he's 63. My older brother has a pretty receding hairline already.

I've tried other stuff like RU, but I had to stop because I had heart palpitations while on it

Last edited:

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Perfect hair, congratulations!

Any side effects?

I started Avodart a month ago and I'm already seeing results: no more shedding, thicker hair.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HUGE congratulations for doing something about your hairloss so early. Turning 33 and 12 years of Dutasteride and ZERO hairloss. That scalp should probably have been bald by now. Experiencing any side effects after all those years?

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm turning 33.
Hair loss from both of my parents side: their brothers and fathers. My father its just starting now to lose some hair, but he's 63. My older brother has a pretty receding hairline already.

I've tried other stuff like RU, but I had to stop because I had heart palpitations while on it

I only began to notice my hair loss from 33 onwards. I'm 35 now.

If your dad is only just now starting to lose hair, then you may simply have slower hair loss genetically.

I have thick hair but lost my temple points last summer, after 4 years on finasteride.

My dad is 65 and is a NW7. He began losing his hair in his 40s+. He just kept receding and thinning. His older brother is a NW3 though.

My grandpa was a NW3 with thinning at 82 when he passed.

So I'm a mixed bag.

Your results may be more about your genetics than Avodart.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not finasteride?

sides?

What’s your family history like? When do the bald people in your fam normally go bald?

jazz1

Reaction score
Awesome, I mean you not considered adding a topical anti androgen/DHT blocker, that should halt the further loss from the sebaceous glands compared to orally.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’m getting on this sh*t ASAP. f*** sides f*** my testicles f*** my body. I don’t even care what it does to me.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also did you regrow hair on it or something? How could you even tell you were balding? It’s like a normal full hairline

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score

There is a very famous case of twins who used dutasteride (1 twin went bald who didn't use dutasteride and the other kept his hair because he used dutasteride).

In your case, dutasteride worked well to prevent receding maybe but if your dad has hair into his 60s you have a genetic advantage.