I've been following "hair cloning" since 2000 and nothing changed in 20 years

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as HC (or HM) goes, we currently have exactly the same thing we had 20 years ago: objectively nothing.

Now before you say now we have Tsuji/Organ and Stemson with promising stuff ("promise" being the key word here), let me tell you in the last 2 decades we had:

Jahoda
Aderans
Gho
Intercytex
Lauster
And more recently Tsuji/Organ

And all of them followed more or less what I call the Doom path.

This cursed path consists basically of 5 phases.

1. The beginning:
Out of nowhere, this previously relatively unknown person/company disclose a supposedly serious breakthrough finding in hairloss research that could lead to the cure in about 5 years.

2. The momentum (usually lasts two years)
After the "breakthrough", they star to periodically publish studies and news showing that research is progressing very well.

3. The climax
As things gets exciting (apparently), they proudly release the year they plan to start clinical trials (it's usually close, like in 2 years).

4. The weirdness
As the date that clinical trials are supposed to start gets closer, communication gets vague and we start to hear less and less from the company/researcher for apparent no reason (but we know why).

5. The darkness
Company/researcher vanishes. Nothing objective, like a proof of concept in humans, was ever shown.

Most of the people/companies I listed followed that pattern almost exactly the same (except for Gho, he did release HM, except it was really a ordinary hair transplant that didn't yielded hair multiplication at the donor at all).

The last researcher/company that is completing the path to darkness is Tsuji/Organ. In the year they were supposed to start clinical trials, we get Tsuji resignation from his position as research director instead. Explanations? ZERO. Clinical Trials? Of course not. Proof of concept? Ahaha.

Stemson is the next one in line to repeat the pattern. They are currently in phase 2. Guess what we will happen next, according to history.

Sorry folks, we are stuck in 2000.

Last edited:

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s sad but seems like you are not too far off from the truth.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But each year we are getting closer!

dont forget we only need 1 company to figure out how to do it .

after that there would be alot of new biotech start that woul recreate the same idea.
I truly belive its a matter of 10 years

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
guy, you really can't compare the techonology from 2000 with nowadays.

Including of hair cirurgy. This market increased alot, as well the techniques of hair transplant.

The next step to this industry is hair clone and techiniques to implant hair in a more automated way (Stemson is looking to it at the moment). The goal in past was different, since hair cirurgy result was synonnymous of hair doll and it required alot of improvements to occur.

If you want to compare the today's drugs to hair loss with drugs at 2000. Then you have a point. Nothing new have been discorvered better than finasteride or dutasteride

Last edited:

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is true, and frustrating, that the hair loss industry hasn't had a real recent breakthrough, despite many hypes.

However, one only need to look at the medical advancements in the last decade to see that in general the field is progressing at a quick pace. Eventually, the hair loss industry will be subject to this progress as well. The market is there, so the money is not far away.

Only question is, will it be fast enough? That depends on the individual of course, if you are 50 now you might have a full head of hair at 60, but how much does it improve your life at that point? Possibly not that much, unless of course other achievements can make it so that a 60 year old can be revujenated to a 20 year old.

Exciting times are ahead.