Ive been 7 months on propecia

G

Well, what can I say!?

Basically, I just wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

I’ve been 7 months on propecia, taken 1 a day like you should. So far 'horrifying' wouldn’t do my situation justice. Here are the http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/gooner_yddo (click on ‘show all’ to view them all)

I feel that, I fight through the wind and the rain each month to the get my monthly pills, only to lose more hair and quicken up the progress to extremes it was never at/or looked like going at. I feel that I spend £36.60 per month at my local chemist to lose hair. Money that I just can’t afford.

I’m in a ugly ugly situation right now.

Just look at the changes in my pictures. My hair at the back has thinned so much. My hairloss has been slow over 2, maybe 3 years. Since starting propecia as well as minoxidil, all it has done has quickened it up to a
frightening level making me look so so unattractive in the process.

This is demoralising to say the least.

I did use regaine for about 4 months, as I've said in past reports, but had to discontinue use after I wasn’t getting satisfactory results. I don’t know if all minoxidil reliant hair has gone from my crown, but it appears that way. It seems the minoxidil has also taken away non reliant hairs too because I had more then that before I started. If not, then why is my hair 10x worse then is was before I started? Look at the thin hair at the crown on the november pictures.

I just can’t deal with this unexpected embarrassment very well. These days all I get is a lot of grimaces and occasional amusement at my hair. This never used to be the case.

:freaked2:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are you paying 36.60 per month? Order the proscar version from http://www.qhi.co.uk and split the tablets in 1/4th, it'll save you money!!!!

If your that desperate order the Fincar tablets and split them into 1/4 from http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk

I looked through your pics and I can imagine without the blur of the camera your hair does look pretty bad.. BUT, I have heard (As others will state) if minoxidil did not work for you at first alone, try it with Propecia.. You MIGHT get results then.

By the looks of it you might have a severe case of male pattern baldness? You really need to hit it hard, try some other stuff like Xandrax (minoxidil with Alzeic Acid, The minoxidil will stimulate hair growth, the acid will block the DHT on the scalp) So you will have two DHT blockers in your regimen, and this is better than one.

You never know, all of that hair that you have lost is probably hair that might come back THICKER! Just wait until the 12 months mark and start looking at your scalp THEN, dont look everyday. And the more you worry the more you will lose, trust me on this one.. When you stress 100x more hair will come out.

Just sit back and try and be positive, try Toppik, it might make you stop looking at your head so much so you can be positive and review your situation when maybe youve been on it for a year...

Hope this helps!

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stinger122 said:
Why are you paying 36.60 per month? Order the proscar version from http://www.qhi.co.uk and split the tablets in 1/4th, it'll save you money!!!!

If your that desperate order the Fincar tablets and split them into 1/4 from http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk

I looked through your pics and I can imagine without the blur of the camera your hair does look pretty bad.. BUT, I have heard (As others will state) if minoxidil did not work for you at first alone, try it with Propecia.. It can work!

By the looks of it you might have a severe case of male pattern baldness? You really need to hit it hard, try some other stuff like Xandrax (minoxidil with Alzeic Acid, The minoxidil will stimulate hair growth, the acid will block the DHT on the scalp)

You never know, all of that hair that you have lost will probably come back! Just wait for 12 months and start looking at your scalp, dont look everyday! And the more you worry the more you will lose, trust me on this one.. When you stress 100x more hair will come out.

Just sit back and try and be positive, try Toppik, it might make you stop looking at your head so much so you can be positive and review your situation when maybe youve been on it for a year...

Hope this helps!
That is a good reply Stinger. :D :D :D :hairy:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you mate :)

Stingray

Reaction score
I'm proud of you stinger... sniff. Brings tears to my eyes.

Nice when someone can do my job for me now!

bombscience

Reaction score
Stingray said:

Naw, he wasn't enough of a hard ***. He needed to say something more like "suck it up, get on the meds, and quarter proscar to save bucks"

G

Stingray said:

What job is that smart arse?

the job of posting 1500+ messages of pure uneducated drivel?

Just because being able to use the treatments work for you, doesnt mean it's going to work for everyone. Why can't you use the intelliegence you think you have to work that out.

Stingray

Reaction score
Wow chill out f*** face. I was commending someone on a good reply. If I wanted your opinion I would have said "Hey gunner, I think I actually give a f*** what you're saying.. why don't you respond"...but I didn't.

If my posts are uneducated..then what do you consider your posts? I find them somewhere between the intelligence quotient of gilbert gottfried and lawn darts.

And who says the stuff is working for me? I've had to do countless hours of research on the sh*t, and experiment with several methods, as well as spending close to 1000 bucks just this year. Next time you feel like opening your mouth and throwing a personal attack, please try to make one that sounds a little less pedestrian mmkay? Don't dick with me, or I'll dick back.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Chill out guys.. Gunner I think your reply was out of line, but its what you have been like since you came here.. Stingray has been around longer than the both of us man and all of the guys here just want to be informative and try and tell you the best things you can possibly do for your hair loss!

Believe it or not we do actually CARE, that is why we spend minutes typing posts on here and replying to what you have to say, and you cant say the intention of your post was NOT for replys otherwise you would have NOT posted on THIS website!

Now chill, no matter what you do with your hair loss STICK WITH PROPECIA, it might be working in the BACKGROUND BUT YOU NEED TO ADD OTHER THINGS LIKE XANDRAX(READ MY FIRST POST)

Peace brother, and just remember we are in this together..

Redbone

Reaction score
Some guys don't have the maturity or balls to accept their thinning hair and continue to b**ch because they think life sucks and is unfair to them.

Stop complaining and be a man

G

Gunner said:
Well, what can I say!?

Basically, I just wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

I’ve been 7 months on propecia, taken 1 a day like you should. So far 'horrifying' wouldn’t do my situation justice. Here are the http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/gooner_yddo (click on ‘show all’ to view them all)

I feel that, I fight through the wind and the rain each month to the get my monthly pills, only to lose more hair and quicken up the progress to extremes it was never at/or looked like going at. I feel that I spend £36.60 per month at my local chemist to lose hair. Money that I just can’t afford.

I’m in a ugly ugly situation right now.

Just look at the changes in my pictures. My hair at the back has thinned so much. My hairloss has been slow over 2, maybe 3 years. Since starting propecia as well as minoxidil, all it has done has quickened it up to a
frightening level making me look so so unattractive in the process.

This is demoralising to say the least.

I did use regaine for about 4 months, as I've said in past reports, but had to discontinue use after I wasn’t getting satisfactory results. I don’t know if all minoxidil reliant hair has gone from my crown, but it appears that way. It seems the minoxidil has also taken away non reliant hairs too because I had more then that before I started. If not, then why is my hair 10x worse then is was before I started? Look at the thin hair at the crown on the november pictures.

I just can’t deal with this unexpected embarrassment very well. These days all I get is a lot of grimaces and occasional amusement at my hair. This never used to be the case.

:freaked2:

7 months and 4 months are not long enough to test these treatments. They can take up 9-12 months to really rock. I would suggest you get back on minoxidil and add nizoral to the mix.

Stay on that for at least nine months and let us know what happens.