I've added some more photos

G

Quick summery:-

Finasteride

Propecia 1mg from April 03 - Jan 04
Proscar 1.25mg from Jan 04 - July 04
Fincar 1.25mg from July 04 - present.

Thing is, I'm not sure about Fincar personally. I want to get back on propecia ASAP. This is my view only.

minoxidil

May 03 - Sept 03 (4 months) I then stopped (like an idiot) and went through a killer shed. Have a look at photos to see the shed. This destroyed me. I advise no one to stop minoxidil once you start it. Worst mistake you can make. Anyway, I re-started it again at the end of December.

Dec 27 03 - Present. 8 months. Seen some growth, but still hasn't recovered what to what it was before I lost loads due to the killer shed from stopping.

Nizoral

Been using this for over a year.

spironolactone 5%

Been on this for under 2 weeks. It smells like crap, but I use it after minoxidil, 2 hours after, sometimes 4 hours after.

Is this right?

MSM

Take 2 tabs per day. 2000mg. I take it because everyone else does. Yes, I might as well get 'idiot' tattooed on my forehead.

Multi vits

B-complex, plus Fish oil omega Multi-vits. I've been on multi-vits for over 2 months. Haven't noticed jack.

Overall, it seems a waste of time. I'm not getting any rewards for persistence. Yes, I was stupid for stopping minoxidil. I was uneducated and found it a pain to apply each morning. Now I'm left with no choice. Luckily I wear a hat to work. But how can I go on like this? I need answers to where I am going. I'm not getting them.

I'm going to see my GP on Friday. I'll ask him if I can see a dermatologist. I'll also tell him various over problems I have due to hair loss. I hope he understands, but like many other things I attempt these days, it will probably all go drastically pear-shaped and he'll mis-understand what I am trying to tell him.

Anyway, I've taken a few pictures in different lighting.

Daylight indoors, light bulb on indoors & light bulb darkish area indoors.

Over the last year, it's got worse looking at my pics.

Got worse at the back of the head and I can't grow it out because it's diffused even more.

It's wrecked my appearance a lot, and this is the reason my life has gone downhill.

It's gone downhill because I'm forced to shave my head, which I just can't pull off like many can.

Lighting tells a different story, which is annoying because you cannot get an accurate view.

To be honest, since I've shaved my head, peoples perception of me is 'criminal'. This makes me sick to the stomach considering stealing a grape from Tesco (when I was about 4) is about the only 'criminal offence' I have ever committed. When I say, criminal, this has probably due to the fact, my face is a picture of depression. Not good to say the least.

I've been on finasteride for year and 4 months, minoxidil for 8 months now. I need more. I need more of a reward then what I've got.
I started spironolactone 5% over a week ago now.

That's 3 I'm using - finasteride, minoxidil and spironolactone (as well as Nizoral). I don't known what to expect with spironolactone, I'll see. But I really need more then this. Like I say, I wish I had density.

Is there anyway I could change this via a hair transplant now you've seen some clearer photos? Like I say, density is what we all want.

Anyway, here are the photos

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gooner_yddo/lst?.dir=/7ed2&.view=t

August 30th onwards, about 16 new ones of my (lack of) progress.

Hopefully this report might also help others.

Cheers.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, I would give a lot of money to have the same head shape as you. From what I can see it looks like you have a good head for shaving - it's all really fucked when you, like me, have an odd shaped head that you cannot shave.

I don't know you and all, but I do think the whole "looking like a criminal" has more to do with attitude than it has to do with hair. Well, a shaved head makes people look a bit more rough but with an outgoing positive attitude that all fades.

I just lost one of my best friends in a traffic accident last week and that made me think: we spend so much time worrying about every hair we loose - where we can really loose our lives in a split second. Live life while you can - you only got this chance to make it worth while!