It's just so weird

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my life feels like a dream. I pass hundereds of people every day and I watch them interract and I don't feel like I'm a part of it. I walk down busy streets and I see guys flirting with girls, friends meeting to hang out, parents tending to children and just generally people out living life. But I feel so different. I don't feel like anybody can see me. My smiles aren't returned like they used to be, if at all. My small talk with people never leaves the realm of just that, small talk. And then when I eventually go home it's just silence until sleep. Then when it comes time to drag myself out of bed and look in the mirror I remember why the rest of the day I'm going to pass through unnoticed and forgotten. Hell I can hardly recognize myself anymore.

It's all because there is nothing framing my face. Not only does it make me feel weird but it makes me look weird. WEIRD! It makes me look depressed and even a bit sickly even when I feel pretty darn good. My outside is no longer a reflection of my inside. My physical reality is stuck because my physical appearance is stuck. I used to notice that however I wore my hair that is how people would treat me. And now I guess since I have no hair to wear people will just stop treating me all together? I've become a ghost along with my hair.

So how can I wake up from this dream-like state? I don't get it. Am I supposed to run around screaming and laughing with my hands flying in the air to get some attention? Should I just continuously approach random strangers like my bald grandfather does? He seems to annoy people pretty good with his begging for attention via joke and story telling? This is just not who I am but then again it's exactly who I am!

It's all just so f*****g weird.....

s.a.f

Reaction score
I actualy understand everything you just wrote. You are not the person you want to be but cant seem to do anything to change it.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went throught these emotions when male pattern baldness first started kicking in heavily.. I shaved my itchy head and spent a year feeling invisible, luckily.. I started treatments around the same time out of desperation and began to grow my hair longer again, now that it's longer and getting better each month I feel like I've been given a few more years to deal with the skinhead scenario.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
captain, i dont know how bad is your hair but i guess you know allready that you can only improve it by that much, and usually not too much
since its something that is out of your control you have to start improving things that are in your control, like muscle - ever noticed how buffed guys look alot better without hair? its also because it makes your face more full and round, and it gives something to look forward too

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think most of us have these feelings at times. You seem to think that the world is against you when infact it is not! Find some hobbies and think about your life goals etc. Just think f*ck it! Who gives a s#it what others think! Who the hell are they? They don't know you! Do what you wanna do and f*ck them!

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to feel exactly the same way until I got into treatments and recovered some hair. I don't know how bad your situation is (male pattern baldness) but I would start a regimen and do a hobby like the others have suggested.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blondeguy said:
Captain Obvious said:
It's all because there is nothing framing my face

That's not the reason.

Seriously.. are you for real? I'm starting to think that you're either taking the piss or just a very lonely man with nothing better to do with your life..

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:
Sometimes my life feels like a dream. I pass hundereds of people every day and I watch them interract and I don't feel like I'm a part of it. I walk down busy streets and I see guys flirting with girls, friends meeting to hang out, parents tending to children and just generally people out living life. But I feel so different. I don't feel like anybody can see me. My smiles aren't returned like they used to be, if at all. My small talk with people never leaves the realm of just that, small talk. And then when I eventually go home it's just silence until sleep. Then when it comes time to drag myself out of bed and look in the mirror I remember why the rest of the day I'm going to pass through unnoticed and forgotten. Hell I can hardly recognize myself anymore.

It's all because there is nothing framing my face. Not only does it make me feel weird but it makes me look weird. WEIRD! It makes me look depressed and even a bit sickly even when I feel pretty darn good. My outside is no longer a reflection of my inside. My physical reality is stuck because my physical appearance is stuck. I used to notice that however I wore my hair that is how people would treat me. And now I guess since I have no hair to wear people will just stop treating me all together? I've become a ghost along with my hair.

So how can I wake up from this dream-like state? I don't get it. Am I supposed to run around screaming and laughing with my hands flying in the air to get some attention? Should I just continuously approach random strangers like my bald grandfather does? He seems to annoy people pretty good with his begging for attention via joke and story telling? This is just not who I am but then again it's exactly who I am!

It's all just so f****ing weird.....

I see dead people :lol:

MAVERICKARROGANCE

Reaction score
I CAN ASSIST IF YOU LIKE!!

THIS IS VERY DEPRESSING AND SADDENING!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THIS!! MY DAD WAS ABLE TO REGROW HIS HAIR NATURALLY AND SO CAN YOU. WHAT YOU'RE EXPERIENCING IS TRAUMATIC INDEED!! I KNOW IT AFFECTED MY DAD'S SELF ESTEEM DAILY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE EXCLUDED FROM SOCIETY, FRIENDS AND ASSOCIATION WITH OTHERS!! YOU CAN BE PART OF OTHER LIVES. WHY ISOLATE YOUR SELF? HERE EMAIL ME AND I'LL BESTOW YOU THE DETAILS ****YAHOO.COM I KNOW I CAN ASSIST YOU. NOW YOU CAN AWAKE FROM THIS FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL. LEAVE THAT DREAM IN THE PAST!! I'M HERE TO SUPPORT!! YOU'RE NOT ALONE IN THIS MALADY!! IS GREATLY DISFORTUNATELY HOW MANY INDIVIDUALS LIVES ARE DESTROYED, AFFECTED AND HARMED BY HAIR LOSS. YOU NO NOT NEED TO FEEL STRANGE ANY LONGER!!! TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF AND DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!! HAVE A CONTENT AND SUPERB WEEKEND!! HERE I SEND YOU SMILEYS =) =) =) =) SO BECOME HAPPY =P =P =P CIAO

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
UK1 said:
blondeguy said:
Captain Obvious said:
It's all because there is nothing framing my face

That's not the reason.

Seriously.. are you for real? I'm starting to think that you're either taking the piss or just a very lonely man with nothing better to do with your life..

man leave him alone...he is trying to help some people around here...Id much rather read his posts then suicide threads...

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
UK1 said:
blondeguy said:
[quote="Captain Obvious":e48d0]It's all because there is nothing framing my face

That's not the reason.

man leave him alone...he is trying to help some people around here...Id much rather read his posts then suicide threads...[/quote:e48d0]

Why don't you take your head out from blondeguys *** for a minute and ask yourself what you are doing here in the 'Impact of hairloss' forum if you'd rather sit and read about bald guys jerking each other off. People don't come here to be patronised, they are looking to vent their anger and frustrations hoping to get constructive advice and support from people who have been or are in a similar situation. I'd think we've all come to realise now that shaving our head is an option thanks to his groundbreaking advice but generally the comments seem a bit out of place. Anyway.. it seems that many of us will just have to agree to disagree on this one and I'll try my best to keep quiet.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:
UK1 said:
blondeguy said:
[quote="Captain Obvious":1dbad]It's all because there is nothing framing my face

That's not the reason.

man leave him alone...he is trying to help some people around here...Id much rather read his posts then suicide threads...

Why don't you take your head out from blondeguys *** for a minute and ask yourself what you are doing here in the 'Impact of hairloss' forum if you'd rather sit and read about bald guys jerking each other off. People don't come here to be patronised, they are looking to vent their anger and frustrations hoping to get constructive advice and support from people who have been or are in a similar situation. I'd think we've all come to realise now that shaving our head is an option thanks to his groundbreaking advice but generally the comments seem a bit out of place. Anyway.. it seems that many of us will just have to agree to disagree on this one and I'll try my best to keep quiet.[/quote:1dbad]

I'm offering my advice and support, like you. I don't care if you shave your head. I only want guys to let go of their demons. I told Captain Obvious that his face being framed with hair is not the reason for his perceived troubles, because what he's describing is a mental thing, not a physical one. Hair doesn't make the man. I feel sympathy that he feels so alone when he shouldn't have to.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
UK1 said:
UK1 said:
blondeguy said:
[quote="Captain Obvious":3d12f]It's all because there is nothing framing my face

That's not the reason.

Why don't you take your head out from blondeguys *** for a minute and ask yourself what you are doing here in the 'Impact of hairloss' forum if you'd rather sit and read about bald guys jerking each other off. People don't come here to be patronised, they are looking to vent their anger and frustrations hoping to get constructive advice and support from people who have been or are in a similar situation. I'd think we've all come to realise now that shaving our head is an option thanks to his groundbreaking advice but generally the comments seem a bit out of place. Anyway.. it seems that many of us will just have to agree to disagree on this one and I'll try my best to keep quiet.[/quote:3d12f]

Dude...relax.