It's Almost The End Of October, The Fundraiser Is Not Looking Good!

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel/Shiseido, Follica and Tsuji Team Will all be at the conference! We've already created a pretty good list of questions to ask them, this is important! If we don't have someone attend it's likely we will not get much information out of this conference.

I'll put up $500 if 10 people will donate at least $50 or more at that point we will be a little over halfway there. As a community we kind a gotta pull together for this one.
Hellouser Does excellent work, we just need to get him there!

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure Hellouser does excellent work, as he did in the last conference.

I think the dilemma with most people is, what's the point? So far, we funded the last conference, Hellouser went and acquired some excellent data and nothing came to fruition yet. What's the incentive? To go there and be the first to hear about a treatment that might possibly come out at some point. When it does come out, everyone will hear about it, there's no extra incentive of being the first to hear about it. Especially paying to be the first to hear about it.

If being at the conference guaranteed the community some exclusive rights to be the first to trial the drugs, or get access to treatments on the otherhand... then I'm sure we'd have no issue funding. Right now, we're just paying to get updates on treatments that might maybe one day help some of us. I mean, it's good encouragement for some people, but that's all it is.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Donated 10.00.

Posts asking "what's the point" about the congress made from the profile you created on a hair loss discussion web forum don't make much sense.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean there is a point, get us to acknowledge their progress and see which companies are out there doing their research and which aren't, so we can either stop clinging on to hope or maybe we're getting closer to the cure, rather know these things as soon as the conference happens than months from now.

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure Hellouser does excellent work, as he did in the last conference.

I think the dilemma with most people is, what's the point? So far, we funded the last conference, Hellouser went and acquired some excellent data and nothing came to fruition yet. What's the incentive? To go there and be the first to hear about a treatment that might possibly come out at some point. When it does come out, everyone will hear about it, there's no extra incentive of being the first to hear about it. Especially paying to be the first to hear about it.

If being at the conference guaranteed the community some exclusive rights to be the first to trial the drugs, or get access to treatments on the otherhand... then I'm sure we'd have no issue funding. Right now, we're just paying to get updates on treatments that might maybe one day help some of us. I mean, it's good encouragement for some people, but that's all it is.

When you get your grades from college, do you wait for the letter getting sent to your home or do you look them up online because you'll know them faster. You'll find out anyways, right?

InfamousOne

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you get your grades from college, do you wait for the letter getting sent to your home or do you look them up online because you'll know them faster. You'll find out anyways, right?

That depends, what if you had to pay to view your grades online? Would your opinion change? How much are you willing to pay to see your grades early?

Reactions: soo

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That depends, what if you had to pay to view your grades online? Would your opinion change? How much are you willing to pay to see your grades early?
Good analogies guys, grades<losing your hair though. I'd pay $100 to be able to see what these companies are coming up with even if it's just a few months earlier.

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well if I had to pay 50 bucks to see them 6 months earlier, then I would. Sounds desperate, and I get your point, but honestly I would. These conventions are the only way to get very reliable informations from the main sources. I'm kind of sick to read stuff like "you know, in the italian forum, there was a guy that mentioned regrowth from cat sh*t bla bla... I know a guy who knows a guy who seems to have got a mail from tsuji and claims there will be infos soon...".

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
If we all get together to pay for a forum member to go on holiday, we could also get an early report on which are the next products that are going to come to nothing. I could really put some money into this, only I don't want to.

rush4life

Reaction score
Come on guys there are thousands of us reading these forums - if everyone pitched in a few dollars we would be good to go - i just put in $30. Lets get him there so we can get some more up to date and info so we can stop holding on baseless hopes - maybe we find out there is nothing realistic happening for a year or two, well then we can plan around that easier. better then the speculating we do based on small articles the companies put out! instead of buying a beer/coffee/candy etc this week throw 5 bucks in - everything helps!

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If we all get together to pay for a forum member to go on holiday, we could also get an early report on which are the next products that are going to come to nothing. I could really put some money into this, only I don't want to.
I hope I don't see your profile asking about the progress of research!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure HairLossTalk.com can also help ; )

Last edited: