Itchy Scalp

agbulk

Reaction score
hello,

I have one more question. I believe i do have MPD, but i also have a very itchy scalp. Is an itchy scalp (especially in balding areas) something that comes along with MPD?

Thanks,
Adam

G

That is the 1st sign of losing your hair.

that was happening to me last year, I had nice sh hair at the back, then it started itching. The itching lead to the hair falling out, forming the start of a bald patch.

Only 8 months later did I do something about it as I was unknown to what it was and treatments - as well as male pattern daldness.

Get on propecia now if I were you.

As in a years time, you will have a forming bald patch on the back of your head.

I'm guessing you are early stages yeah?

Bruce Lee & stingray are the people to ask however.

agbulk

Reaction score
I believe i am in my early stages because i do not have balding in the back. I am not on propecia because i am always scared of things that do UNATURAL things to your body. I guess it was meant for it to fall out naturally. Are you on propecia? Does it grow hair back? I also heard that it only works for about 5 years then you continue to lose more. Also how common are side - effects.

Also how expensive is Propecia.

Thanks for your reply

Adam

G

I lost tons of hair but my scalp never itched until I started using minoxidil a few months ago. So now they tell me I have to get rid of the itch and use Nizoral, so OK I am doing that like they say.

pitomtl

Reaction score
Hi:
I'm from Montreal so my English is not perfect. I've been taking Proscar (1/4) for 2 months & 3 weeks now. I had problems with dandruff since day one. I bought Nizoral and was using it every 3 days...no other shampoos in between. I still had a lot of dandruff so I decided to buy TGel (2% Coal Tar) and started using it for the other days (Nizoral + TGel)
Three weeks ago I started to use TGel only and eliminated Nizoral from my regimen . I thought maybe I wasn't a good responder for Nizoral.
Sadly, I still have flakes even though I use TGel every day!!! (it says wash, rinse and then repeat application but I don't do it)
On top of that, I've read on this website that if I don't get rid of dandruff while I take Proscar there will be no improvement on my hair growth.
I noticed that I'm losing around 30+ hairs a day and no improvement at all.

Your advise will be VERY VERY appreciated

Thanx

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I know you guys probably won't want to hear this, because it involves adding more expense to your regimen, but the only thing that has helped with the ichy, scaly scalp is copper peptides in the form of folligen, Crew, or Tricomin. I use the Crew because folligen turns my light hair green, and tricomin is too expensive. Its great, and is clinically proven to inrcrease growth rate and the number of hairs.