##Itchy Scalp with Nizroal - Need some Advice

neomonk

Reaction score
I have been on Nizoral for about 2 months now. I apply it twice a week. Once on Sunday and once on Thursday. I find that the nights that I apply Nizoral I am itching my head quite severly, even subconciously because I sometimes wake up and I am itching my head and there are 30 hairs on my pillow. What should I do and does anyone out there have any advice?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Maybe stop using it? and see what happens. It's possible it just doesn't agree with your scalp. Maybe try using a conditioner after shampooing with it if you don't already.

neomonk

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
Maybe stop using it? and see what happens. It's possible it just doesn't agree with your scalp. Maybe try using a conditioner after shampooing with it if you don't already.

I want to stop but Nizoral is supposed to help somewhat with hairloss so its a catch 22. I dont use a conditioner. I purchased the revivogen conditioner but that stuff is just mint toothpaste and it rips more hairs out when u apply it because it's like putting glue in your hair. I use Vive body shampoo afterwards..

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
neomonk said:
I want to stop but Nizoral is supposed to help somewhat with hairloss so its a catch 22. I dont use a conditioner. I purchased the revivogen conditioner but that stuff is just mint toothpaste and it rips more hairs out when u apply it because it's like putting glue in your hair. I use Vive body shampoo afterwards..

Yes, but if it's doing more harm than good??? know what I mean?
try a little experiment...Condition your hair every day after shampooing. If you've never done this then the first week or two it MIGHT make your hair a little greasier than normal.
Here's some great conditioner's:
Nioxin Scalp Therapy
Biolage Conditioning Balm
TIGI BedHead Moisture Maniac
When using a conditioner rub it through your hands first make sure your head is good and wet then slowly and gently work it in.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I didn't realize you had a pre-exisitng scalp condition. You mentioned it in the thread below. It's a good idea to mention stuff like that when asking a question of this nature.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=16063

Still try the conditioner routine I mentioned. It may help.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Dump the nizoral!

It made my scalp feel like crap too - itchy and sore, now I'm using a mild shampoo and my scalp feels much better.