itchy scalp, someone help

projectb36

Reaction score
hey guys, i have been on propecial for over a year and started minoxidil 4 months ago. i had noticed with minoxidil i gained a lot of peach fuzz over the first 2 months but from months 3-4 i had incredible itching on my scalp on the front temples. i was forced to use minoxidil less frequently instead ot the morning and night dosage, i'm now at a nightly application. But my scalp is still so irritated i want to claw it off, ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Stingray

Reaction score
You either have a skin condition, or you might have an allergy to an ingredient in the minoxidil solution. You should try using a good anti-dandruff or anti-fungal shampoo to see if that will alleviate some of the inflammation... if that doesn't help, get some Xandrox without the propylene glycol. A lot of peeps have an allergy to that chemical.

Good luck.

G

projectb36 said:
hey guys, i have been on propecial for over a year and started minoxidil 4 months ago. i had noticed with minoxidil i gained a lot of peach fuzz over the first 2 months but from months 3-4 i had incredible itching on my scalp on the front temples. i was forced to use minoxidil less frequently instead ot the morning and night dosage, i'm now at a nightly application. But my scalp is still so irritated i want to claw it off, ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Nizoral and folligen likely will help.

If not, off to Dr Lee.

:lol:

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
I second the nizoral, great stuff. T-gel works nice too. I use both and have beaten the itch for the most part.

The Gardener

Reaction score
A third vote that you should be on Nizoral. Why aren't you on it already?!? Use it every 2-3 days.

I don't think you have an allergic thang going on... those who have had allergies to the PPG in minoxidil usually complain of more severe symptoms, burning and red scalp, serious inflammation, etc. Your complaint sounds like garden variety reaction to the minoxidil that many, myself included, have had. The Nizoral licked it for me, took about two weeks to wipe the itch clean.