it worked for me, maybe it can for you

kellybug

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, but I wanted to share my success story in the hopes of helping others...

I'm 22, and about a year ago I noticed that I was losing probably 150-250 hairs a day. As my hair is blond and fine to begin with, it was noticable, and eventually I lost probably 40% of my hair. I was lucky that it was all over my head, and it never really got to the point where you could see my scalp, but I was still obsessed with it.

About four months ago, I decided to do something other than worry about it. I started a regimen that has shown remarkable results for me. After 4 months, my hair shed has dropped to maybe 20-30 a day, and I am starting to notice a lot of regrowth.

Here's what I do every day:
1 multivitamin with 100% RDA of iron
500mg Flaxseed Oil
500 mcg biotin
1000 mg MSM

I also added more protein to my diet, I try to eat about 45 grams a day at least. Eggs are the greatest hair growth food in the world, they contain so many vital nutrients for hair, and a ton of protein. If you can work two eggs a day into your diet, it will make a difference.

Last, I alternate between shampooing with Thicker Fuller Hair brand and Head & Shoulders. Nothing beats Head&Shoulders for giving what little you have more volume, and clearing away junk on your scalp that might be inhibiting growth.

The added bonus of taking all these vitamins is that the hair I already have is growing much, much faster. Previously, it was growing about 1/2 an inch per month, now it is growing a little over an inch per month.

I am a little bit worried because I am going to be going back on the BCP after six months off... I know for a lot of people that can trigger loss, but I'll be crossing my fingers and taking vitamins.

Good luck to you all!

MissMB

Reaction score
Wow, great post! I am in the same boat as you. 22, naturally thin/fine "blond" hair (mine is more like mousey dark blond), and I have just noticed it getting worse. Its nothing too dramatic, and I don't think I have an illness, but its enough to drive me mental, and I've noticed a real difference, especially by my forehead. Anyways, I think it has a lot to do with going on and off the pill in the last few years, and what Im eating etc. So far the only real solutions I have heard of involve using a heavy duty chemical product, or taking strong drugs, and I don't want to do any of that. What you're doing sounds like a promising idea, and Im going to try it out. It all makes sense to me, and Im happy for you that you're having good results! That's great! I'll bet you feel a lot better about it. I know I would! Anyways, let me know if you have any new luck! Thanks again. Cheers, MB

puggwugg

Reaction score
Did the routine too...

Hi there -

Just wanted to share my story in relation to this. I'm 26 and have been having thinning problems since I was 13. My hair is thin throughout, but more noticeable in the front. I also have very dark brown hair, which only showcases the loss all the more.

When I first started having the problem, many doctors shared suggestions. I too started a Biotin, MSM, Vit B and C, Emu Oil, and Horsetail supplement regime (the max I could take for each). In conjunction, I used Thicker Fuller Hair and other similar thickening shampoos/creams. To top that off, I also used Minoxidyl for women.

All total, I saw zero results after two years of this daily routine. I had to stop using the minoxidil as it caused scalp tingling and tenderness and recently, had to stop the supplements since I became pregnant. Also since giving birth, I've noticed that my hair is gradually starting to shed more...a hormone side-effect. Because I'm nursing, I cannot take anything for my hair and don't want to risk it.

I think that my case might be a rarity though - since I do hear of supplements and minoxidil treatements do work for many. It seems to be doing well for you and I hope it continues - good luck!