it is still worth to to try the minoxidil?

AntzMK

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a question abt the minoxidil....i am consider to apply the minoxidil once per day,...according to all the user and the information from rogaine...it should be apply twice per day to getting the best result.
is it still worth it if i use it once per day???or just forget abt it??

what should you guys expect if u use it once per day???
thanks very much ~~~

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be best to apply twice a day if you can. Application is very easy with the foam and dries quickly so you can get on with your day.

bobisback11

Reaction score
isn't minoxidil have a 22 hr life time when applied to the skin and 6 hrs life time if you were to take it orally like for heart medication

AntzMK

Reaction score
well,..the reason why i want to apply it once a day is because i feel abit dizzy, headache and red scalp appear (no pain on my scalp) when i do it twice per day,...i am not sure is it side effect by the minoxidil.....i am using the foam....it is a good stuff,....that's the reason....actually i am using propecia already since mar 06 which is good for maintain. i add minoxidil in is because i hope to see some regrowth. for my case, is it still worth to use the minoxidil. i mean i had read some topic in here that said minoxidil one per day can maintain.....but i am already maintain it with propecia.....that's why i am think is it still worth to use the minoxidil...
thanks all and sorry for my bad english....

G

If that's the case, than I'm sure once a day would be better than none? But if you can lessen the cycle to shorter than once every 24 hours than you'd probably get more effectiveness out of it. If you don't want to do it every 12 hours maybe your side effects would subside quicker if you pushed it out to every 15-20 hours you do an application? Obviously eventually this push into your sleep/work/school cycle where you would just extend it to your next availability. Even if it was once every 24 hours I'd say give it a shot. I know I would rather do this than never. I thought I remember some posts from Bryan stating that you should be able to effectively apply minoxidil once every 17 hours, but don't quote me on that.

I think the redness will subside, I had that along with horrible itching that went away after sticking with it for those 3 weeks of agony. Glad I pushed through it!

AntzMK

Reaction score
thanks for ur suggest, i think i will at lease apply one per day and see how would it be.....and one more question...after i apply the minoxidil how long have to stay on my scalp?? i mean if i apply at night then wash in the next morning (i think at lease 8-10 hrs) will it be better???if i wash it off....is it mean the lose the effective in the minoxidil??or still effective even i wash it off???

AntzMK

Reaction score
no one???
i know there is still have user using one per day right???
pls pls pls...i need ur advice...
thanks