It happens story (update)

ithappens

Reaction score
I posted on here about a month or so complaining of hair loss etc. I'm a 21 yearold male and It came to my attention that my hair loss could be a result of my course of accutane that I took from august to feb and towards the end up until now i have been shedding hair like crazy. I wasn't sure what the hell it was or what to do, but I knew that the accutane had to be at least somewhat to blame because the whole texture of my hair had changed. I used to have straight thick hair and now it is thin weak and sort of curly. i have these thin long strands sticking up in the back etc. Anyway, i went to the derm and he did a bunch of blood work. Anyway, from the blood work he said everything seemed fine with my liver, thyroid, blood count etc. he even ran a couple of testosterone tests and said the levels came back normal and he doesn't think it's male pattern baldness. He said he believes it's Telogen Effluvium and that the hair loss should subside and go back to normal over the next couple of months or so. the thing is i am still losing hair at an alarming rate and i'm not sure if i'm shedding less at this point or it's just due to the fact that i have less hair to shed. i am just concerned because i have read many stories of people not stopping their shedding after accutane and or never growing any of it back. Also does anyone know if there is an actual test for male pattern baldness? He seemed to think from the bloodwork that i was fine from my testosterone levels, but i just don't know. i just think this thing is too aggressive to be Telogen Effluvium, but i dunno i hope it is and will stop soon and hopefully grow back.