It doesnt get better..

G

badasshairday said:
Are you saying the hair transplant after pics that Aplunk showed are not good hairlines?

Taugenichts said:
Imo, these hairlines aren´t that good. The V-shape is still visible and it does´t look like a teenage one.

Jeff, you shouldn´t spend your money on hair transplant. Save it for the day when HM becomes available to the masses and offers a cure for all of us. Hope and pray until then.

Yes, these may be ok, but they aren´t really good. The V-Shape is still visible and after spending thousands of dollars I would expect a perfect teenage hairline.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
T,

you are insane if you want a REAL teenage hairline--

That's absurd.

You're a grown man...

You can have a "youthful" hairline, but a teenage hairline is impossible.

G

Taugenichts said:
badasshairday said:
Are you saying the hair transplant after pics that Aplunk showed are not good hairlines?

Taugenichts said:
Imo, these hairlines aren´t that good. The V-shape is still visible and it does´t look like a teenage one.

Jeff, you shouldn´t spend your money on hair transplant. Save it for the day when HM becomes available to the masses and offers a cure for all of us. Hope and pray until then.

Yes, these may be ok, but they aren´t really good. The V-Shape is still visible and after spending thousands of dollars I would expect a perfect teenage hairline.

Are you fuckin serious?!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ha Ha!, I dont know what to say when I see these Nw1.5/Nw2 guys on here thinking that they've got it so bad and complaining about a barely noticible degree of hairloss. Try being a Nw6 then you'll know what suffering from hairloss really is! Anybody who can find fault with the hairline posted in that pic is crazy.

G

looks similar to my hairline location, maybe his temples are in an extra quarter inch.

IBM

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
T,

you are insane if you want a REAL teenage hairline--

That's absurd.

You're a grown man...

Then hair transplant is not useful. Teenage hair is very cool and give you an healthy image. And you can use hairstyle combed in forward which gives you a very handsome image.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
haleystudios said:

BULL SH$T
with limited loss, Armani can give you original density if not close.
thats what i am doing.

the problem is, the result will look retarded when your hairloss progresses

haleystudios

Reaction score
not really, because Armani's method is dense front and less density in the back. so if the meds stop in the future, i will get fue of BHT. not including HM Helping a little whenever the hell it comes out.

i have limited loss, and he says that 98 perfecent of the shockloss grows back. plus i should not have a shockloss issue because of proscar being effective.
we will see though what happens, but i will shave it if all this fails

i will post some better pics my friend

s.a.f

Reaction score
You wont be able to shave with a 13" strip scar.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Shane's hair looks great, and believe me, no one but hair loss obsessed hair loss message baord posters would even consider thinking his hair was anything but great. No chick would think 'oh, he is a norwood 1.5' or 'he must have receeded since he was 15 years old.'

instead, they see a handsome man with (to quote ScalpMed commercials) a thick, healthy head of hair. Only unlike the ScalpMed commercial clients, he actually has one.

r1989

Reaction score
Weepy, you have male pattern baldness -and- AA? I'm so sorry man, that must suck. Personally if I were in your case I'd just ditch the stupid hair and shave it.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:

Shane is the exception on that site. He is the only one who actually looks good afterwards. He knows how to style is hair. The rest look just as stupid after teh treatment, just with more hair. Having hair doesnt mean you look good. Far from it. Knowing what to do with what hair you have is the key, and of course the more you have the more options you have at your disposal.

Some guys say older guys in the late 30's with full heads of hair are so lucky, but they ALL look stupid because they don't know the meaning of the word style. Girls don't want a guy with lots of hair. They want a guy who looks good and knows how to present themselves positively regardless of how much hair they have.

The exceptions are guys like Brad Pitt. Full head of hair, but he (nearly) always has the coolest styles going on too.

Hang on I just realised something. All the people i know who are over 35 with full hair lines are all single. And their hair looks stupid. And looking at them it not a suprise. Shame they got the good genes huh...

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
it's been over a year now since i first started noticing hair loss. Over the past six months noticing scalp pain.

now it's towards the end of my life with hair. I have coverage but it's like this:

flat on top, my sides are still thick so when my hair grows it's puffy on the sides, flat on top. I look f****ing ridiculous.. so the time is near for me to make a decision... buzzing it.. hair transplant????????? damn gene curse.

Jeffssss, your hair sounds very similar to mine. My hairline started moving back about 8 years ago tho, but has also thinned out dramatically over the last year. The flat lifeless top with thick puffed out sides is a very bad look, i agree. But believe me you still have good options to try.

After my hair thinned so much on top I made 2 changes to my regime. I started taking 1 dutas capsule 3 times per week (MWF). And i applied 1 drop (1ml) of minoxidil to the top of my scalp and rubbed it everywhere as best i could twice per day. I kept on taking proscar even tho people says its pointless, i dont care, but you know what, I feel my hair has thickend slightly. This is very encouraging for me.

Also, You should wash your hair everyday. I hate washing my hair because i really feel how thin my hair has become, but after doing this for 4 months now, I really feel its thicker and my scalp feel much more healthy than it ever has and I feel more confident applying the minoxidil.

Anyway mate, just to let you know there is hope and you shouldnt give up.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're being hyper-critical jc. I bet if you never lost your hair, you'd never think his patients hair looked any different than someone without Androgenetic Alopecia.

Some other doctors may do better work but I personally think his work is very good. And Shane doesn't style his hair like that anymore, he just combs it to one side, and it still looks great.

Anyhow, the most important thing is having hair, not having a hairline exactly like Brad Pitt. People are not hyper critical like you, but they prefer heads of hair with no obvious signs of balding. But if you know of any better hair transplant surgeons feel free to post them. And if you have have any success story pics of your regimen returning a better hairline than what Dr. Armani's patients received from a hair transplant, I'd like to see those too.

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
You're being hyper-critical jc. ...

you are right. sorry about that i was just in a frustrated moment when i posted! The results on that site do look amazing and the work looks authentic and i must say im impressed.

I think what i meant was just to say isn't it strange that the guys over say 35 with full heads of hair are the ones who seem to know nothing about style or appearance? I was prompted to post after seeing the "after" photos on that site. What I mean is if you are worried about your appearance then perhaps having these ridculous 80's haircuts aint a good idea. Like one of my professors at university, a lifetime geek, about 50 years old and an amazing crop of hair. But he dressed with walking shorts and pulled up white socks in roman sandals and combed his hair like piwi herman. It seems such a waste!!!

Its was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment but i agree it came across a bit harsh. Apologies.

s.a.f

Reaction score
jc444 said:
I think what i meant was just to say isn't it strange that the guys over say 35 with full heads of hair are the ones who seem to know nothing about style or appearance? I was prompted to post after seeing the "after" photos on that site. What I mean is if you are worried about your appearance then perhaps having these ridculous 80's haircuts aint a good idea.

Those hair transplant guys have been out of the styling game for a while and when you suddenly get new hair you do want to experiment to see what can be done with it.
I agree with what you said though about the guys in their 30's with good hair genes, but maybe they just get bored of styling their hair (they probably did style it in their teens and 20's) and now just take it for granted. I see so many people who could look great (because of their genes) but just dont bother to make the effort. Whilst I dont look all that great (because of my genes) but I do try my best.
Anyway one things for sure badly styled hair is preferable to no hair.

G

Jeffsss, I remember your pics. Don't you have a full head of hair you fool?