Isosaponarin For Hair Growth (promotes Hair Growth 3 Times Faster Than Minoxidil)

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would prefer to interpret it to mean it would show results 3x faster than the expensive sh*t we put on our heads and wait a year to find out we might as well have flushed our money down the toilet.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I cant tell if this article is for real or not.

It is funny though, sometimes when i eat wasabi and it really burns my nasal passage i get a tingle in the back of my head/scalp. Always wondered if it did infact stimulate something and might be beneficial to blood flow in the scalp. Hmmm...

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get really irritated by bs terminology like "awaken the papilla cells". What does that MEAN, physically?

But yea wasabi could affect hair growth, who knows. Reading articles on Pubmed will show you that natural remedies can cause some slight regrowth. But my suspicion is that most of these substances can only revive hair that was lost very recently. Unless they work on the same pathway as male pattern baldness, my theory is it will just keep you a constant amount above a baseline that continues to decline.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant tell if this article is for real or not.

It is funny though, sometimes when i eat wasabi and it really burns my nasal passage i get a tingle in the back of my head/scalp. Always wondered if it did infact stimulate something and might be beneficial to blood flow in the scalp. Hmmm...

That is a most interesting phenomenon. For me, wasabi blasts through my frontal sinus like cocaine (not that I have ever tried that), jalapenos on the other hand, go right to my scalp with instantaneous heat and initiating perspiration. So, we just need to genetically engineer follicle stimulating peppers.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is a most interesting phenomenon. For me, wasabi blasts through my frontal sinus like cocaine (not that I have ever tried that), jalapenos on the other hand, go right to my scalp with instantaneous heat and initiating perspiration. So, we just need to genetically engineer follicle stimulating peppers.
I do wonder if wasabi or something with capsaicin applied to the scalp would cause a disturbance and promote a little bit of the wound healing response.
Wasnt there also something last year about bee venom causing regrowth?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Rub some trinidad scorpion pepper all over your head for results even faster than isosaponarin.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
According to the Google-translated article in Japanese, this is the mechnism of action

Regarding the mechanism to promote hair growth, it was found that by the action of isosaponaline, sensitivity of "dentate receptor" receiving dermal papilla cells from the outside was increased, and the cells were activated. We also found that the number of proteins making capillaries for delivering nutrients and the like necessary for making the hair to dermal papilla cells increased.

In addition, the same effect and mechanism were observed in experiments in which "6-MSITC" which is a kind of pungent ingredient contained in the rootstock of this wasabi was administered to human hair papilla cells. The two ingredients that encourage this hair growth are peculiar to this wasabi, which is not included in the horseradish used in many of the tubes containing wasabi.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Also this is being announced in a few days at a food conference in Japan, not at some sort of dermatology / biology conference, so don't get your hopes up.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
since the topic about herbs treatments anyone tried marijuana topically?
I guess it will show a good result on the hair since it's showing a good result on the brain.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
since the topic about herbs treatments anyone tried marijuana topically?
I guess it will show a good result on the hair since it's showing a good result on the brain.

It's big tobacco all over again with their fake studies making people think their products are safe.