Is your hairline...?

Is your hairline more receded on the side you more frequently sleep on?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I sleep on both sides equally...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, is it?? Mine is.

VOTE, dammit!

(please?)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ronaldkia lives! :mrgreen:

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Ronaldkia lives! :mrgreen:
????

---------------------------------------------

...c'mon guys, a hundred and something hits and only 10 votes? (and 1 is mine)

But, ok... if it's too hard......? :sleep:

haggis

Reaction score
yes sleeping causes hairloss :roll:

sunnyone1

Reaction score
Yes, worse on the side I sleep on...right side. But I take after my mom, who is a back sleeper, and her right side is also worse. So who knows if there's a sleep connection to hair loss

Susan

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
haggis said:
yes sleeping causes hairloss :roll:
Yes, correct. As does wanking, smoking, exercising, talking on a cell phone, drinking coffee, watching television, catching public transport, washing the dog,
practising your golf swing, doing the dishes, wearing a watch, wearing odd socks, scratching mosquito bites, sniffing chlorine, beating your wife, skipping showers,
contemplating suicide, singing Christmas carols, being tall, being old, being homosexual, not being homosexual.............................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................Googling your name,
staying up later than your bedtime, getting busted picking your nose by someone in the car next to you, obsessively checking your Facebook and MySpace for
messages, going to a greengrocer for fruit and veges instead of just buying them at the supermarket, writing pointless replies to forum posts while I should be
working instead, and um... I think that even thinking about hairloss causes hairloss. :roll:

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
htfc_2007 said:
no, its the other way round for me
Hmm, okay... fair enough. I was just curious as to whether the constant strain caused by sleeping on your side makes an impact on the amount of hair retained. I sleep on my left side about 95% of the time and can't seem to fall asleep on my right side. My left side is also fairly receded, while the right side is almost normal, and I often wake up with the hair on the left side of my head all mashed upwards like I've been grinding my head on the pillow all night. I know hair shouldn't fall out until it reaches the telogen stage and loosens itself from the follicle, but I wonder if the hair follicles would eventually suffer from the constant strain on that side night after night (in the long term, that is).

For me it's a battle 'cos I literally can't sleep on any other side... I'll have more chance of falling asleep standing on one leg! I saw someone post this question a while ago, and get shut down pretty quickly... I didn't think it was such a strange question considering everything else that gets brought up on this forum. I'm not gonna conjure up any crazy theories or anything, but if some people think that exercise, masturbation, food, supplements, UV rays, chlorinated water etcetera etcetera have an impact on MBP, I think I'm justified in asking whether or not pulling hair constantly will cause further hairloss (or a noticeable difference).

G

sunnyone1 said:
Sleeping and rubbing that spot might cause traction alopecia

no it wont.

tightly woven braids CAN cause TA sometimes, but claiming that sleeping on it with the relatively minimal pressure that this entails is simply NOT true.