Is wearing hat with bald head=insecurity? (HAT PRISONER) Does wearing hat in all pictures show insecurity? Bald head with hat vs bald head?

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is wearing hat all the time (including indoor, at night) a bad idea?

This bald man I don't know his age. In his social media he is using round hats, baseball hat, newsboy hat in all his pictures. He wears hat at night, indoor. Does it scream insecurity?

If wearing hat all the time is a good idea, I will start wearing hat all the time like him. But if it scream insecurity about hair loss, I will refrain myself from doing it.

bald2 - Copy.png
bald3 - Copy.jpg
bald4 - Copy.png
bald5 - Copy.png
bqald - Copy.png

Dogchebag

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People know instantly. And yes. Unfortunately they'll think you're just insecure. It is what it is. If you saw a female always wearing make up 24/7 never show her face youd know hes insecure too

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wear a hat if you are outside and it's sunny or cold. Otherwise it's screaming insecurity and people will take off your hat just to see if you are balding

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is wearing hat all the time (including indoor, at night) a bad idea?

This bald man I don't know his age. In his social media he is using round hats, baseball hat, newsboy hat in all his pictures. He wears hat at night, indoor. Does it scream insecurity?

If wearing hat all the time is a good idea, I will start wearing hat all the time like him. But if it scream insecurity about hair loss, I will refrain myself from doing it.

View attachment 182131View attachment 182132View attachment 182133View attachment 182134View attachment 182135

totally

applies to every other part of the body and too if people are covering up like that

UnLuckyLuciano

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, the outfits that he has complement nicely with his choice of headwear.
I, for one, wear hats unless I really have to take them off.
At the festival that I went to last weekend, I had a woman in my entourage (we know eachother for max 1 year) compliment me that I looked good (we met eachother a month before I started hitting the gym) and asked me why I dont lose the NY cap since I look better without it.
I said just "Im not gonna take it off, I like it like this" and I hope she wont ask me next time we meet at a party.
P.s. she knows that I shave my head.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing is, the outfits that he has complement nicely with his choice of headwear.
I, for one, wear hats unless I really have to take them off.
At the festival that I went to last weekend, I had a woman in my entourage (we know eachother for max 1 year) compliment me that I looked good (we met eachother a month before I started hitting the gym) and asked me why I dont lose the NY cap since I look better without it.
I said just "Im not gonna take it off, I like it like this" and I hope she wont ask me next time we meet at a party.
P.s. she knows that I shave my head.

you made a mistake by not taking it off
By taking it off shows that you are comfortable within your own skin and confident

UnLuckyLuciano

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you made a mistake by not taking it off
By taking it off shows that you are comfortable within your own skin and confident
I have no sexual interest in that woman so I dont care.
I havent been comfortable in my own skin since 2014 (2015 I think I went into NW2.5 territory).

Last edited:

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Oknow @KevinEdEddEddy @Capone @Dogchebag thanks for your opinion. I agree with you guys.

to me the argument is- If you are bald and confident about it then why hide your bald head under hat/cap all the time/in all place.

Side note: I am bald and shaved head. I don't hide my bald head with hat/cap currently.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to hat fraud a lot when my hair was doing bad, it is good ocasionally if the event fits it but you will eventually become enslaved by it... it really fucked up my insecurities about hair because you can just lazy it up and pull up the hat every time. So when I had to go out without hat I would feel very uncomfortable.

In the end its better to solve the root problem or people will smell your insecurity. When I see someone on social media wearing a hat in every picture you already know he's bald with 100% certainty lol

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People know instantly. And yes. Unfortunately they'll think you're just insecure. It is what it is. If you saw a female always wearing make up 24/7 never show her face youd know hes insecure too
You mean literally every girl in the planet in 2022?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hats for sports teams, protection from the elements, and official uniforms. Baseball caps are for Americans. Wear it if you want to look like one of the above.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shave my head but I like the cap-on look more than the dickhead look.
yeah, bald guy with a hat looks better than without, but this will f*** your mind-set because you will feel uglier without hats. You must keep it somewhat balanced or you will become the insecure hat guy (happened to me)

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely bad, but can be the lesser of two evils for some people.