Is Vitamin deficiency a possibility for my hair loss?

sawpalmetto

Reaction score
I have been battling hairloss for 2 years now, gradually getting worse. For the first year I had severe itching and everyone said it was all in my head because they couldn't see my hairline or crown thinning. During the second year I sometimes get people saying that my forehead looks bigger.

First time I went to the dermatologist about it they said that its male pattern baldness and prescribed me propecia, that was two years ago and I haven't touched the bottle other than picking it up from walgreens.

Since then I have gone to 3 dermatologists, 2 naturopathics, and 1 endocronologyst.

All dermatologists have said that its male pattern baldness, both naturopathics have said that its lack of vitamins and the endocrinologist said its a mixture of vitamins and Gluten sensitivity/celiac.

I have never been diagnosed with celiac disease but I have been diagnosed with gluten sensitivity, and that was around the age of 16. Which my family dismissed because at that time it was not a well known subject, nothing to be taken seriously. I am now 21 and have been 100% gluten free for 2 months, and about 90% gluten free before that for 3 months. (I would cheat by drinking beer and eating sauces with gluten, having an occasional hamburger".

Since stopping gluten I feel as if my hairloss has become better but my hairline worse. I don't have as much hair falling out as I did before, although my hairline looks like it has gone further back... I have almost no shedding, no itching. As to before I would have 100's of hairs falling off my head.

All doctors that took blood tests told me that I have a B12 deficiency and a Vitamin D deficiency. both being right below the RDI (recommended daily intake).

I have read that both of these vitamins have to do directly with hairloss or early onset of male pattern baldness.

My question is with all this information, if I get the required amount of Vitamin B12 in my system and Vitamin D3 in my system is there a chance that all the hair I have lost will grow back?

I struggle with this a lot because I have been all organic, work out very regularly, stay active and fit, and do whatever I can to stay healthy. Some people joke I will be the oldest living person on earth.

I know most people want me to post pictures but as of right now I'm skeptical in doing so because I am new to this forum and I feel that most people will accuse my hairloss to male pattern baldness straight away instead of looking at the facts.

I just want my hair back, its my best feature. When I was younger I would get positive comments on my hair daily... It is having effects on my mood. or that could be the B12 and Vitamin D....

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia or bald... Take your pick. Think of it like the matrix. The red pill or the blue pill. Vitamin deficiency has nothing to do with genetic male pattern baldness. Sorry brah.

- - - Updated - - -

I think of it like a form of puberty. Can you take vitamins to stop your pubes from coming in? Or how about your chest hair or your beard hair? Baldness is just simply going to happen. The only known way to stop it from getting worse is propecia and minoxidil.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Highly unlikely, but if you think it is correct your vitamin deficiency and see if your hair comes back.

sawpalmetto

Reaction score
Propecia or bald... Take your pick. Think of it like the matrix. The red pill or the blue pill. Vitamin deficiency has nothing to do with genetic male pattern baldness. Sorry brah.

- - - Updated - - -

I think of it like a form of puberty. Can you take vitamins to stop your pubes from coming in? Or how about your chest hair or your beard hair? Baldness is just simply going to happen. The only known way to stop it from getting worse is propecia and minoxidil.

okay... so you don't think that it could possibly stabilize my hormones and reverse my hairloss?

also, if I use minoxidil is there any chance it can make my hair worse even if its not MBP? or is there only positive/stable consistency with MXD?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just look at some bums on the street, you think they are getting all their vitamins? And most have lots of hair on the head even through they don't even wash it regularly.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to create a well thought out post for all of the hair loss myths for people. Then that post should be stickied. It's exhausting correcting people over this nonsense.

JustinCanada

Reaction score
Healthy lifestyle can only do so much, having all your vitamins and nutrients in order may slow down your male pattern baldness slightly, at best.

If your hair is important enough to you, than you've gotta just make the jump to the Big Three... I spent a few months researching "Natural Solutions" before I came to my senses.

Dalton

Established Member
Reaction score
Vitamins can make your hair be as healthy as it can possibly be but can't stop male pattern baldness. Whenever someone brings up diet or vitamin deficiency as a cause then just look at women...do 100% of women have perfect diets or take tons of vitamins? Or undeveloped countries with poor nutrition and people with full heads of hair. Its hormones, end of story.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness is genetic, and has little to do with nutrition. Eating healthily and taking natural supplements may at best slow it down a little, but in the end it's a losing battle. The balding process is too powerful for any natural "treatment" to have any significant effect. In order to treat it successfully, you have to use potent synthetic compounds that have been purposely designed to fight this disease much more powerfully than anything natural is able to do.

The guy in this video, for instance, has chosen not to try any proven male pattern baldness treatments but instead has taken a lot of natural supplements as well as eating healthily, but as you can see, his hair is getting less and less with every new video he posts.

Healthy lifestyle can only do so much, having all your vitamins and nutrients in order may slow down your male pattern baldness slightly, at best.

If your hair is important enough to you, than you've gotta just make the jump to the Big Three... I spent a few months researching "Natural Solutions" before I came to my senses.
But I see in your signature than you're not using Propecia either. Nizoral and Minoxidil by themselves are unlikely to be enough to successfully treat your hair loss long-term without also using Propecia.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss due to vitamin deficiency is very rare. If you're losing hair, over 99% of the time it's going to be genetically related. You'll need to get on Finasteride if your hair loss is male pattern baldness related, vitamins won't help if that's the case.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Just try the vitamin/natural approach and then come back here with pictures and will see if it worked.
People jump to male pattern baldness right away because if your a male(assuming you are) its just overwhelmingly likely its baldness since most men get it at some point. Not playing the odds is silly. I dislike drugs too so I dont blame people for that thinking, but the natural approach is a dead end. Try it and see though.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
[h=2]Is Vitamin deficiency a possibility for my hair loss?[/h]

No. CD34, CD200 and PGE2 deficiencies are the real reason for your hair loss. Vitamins don't matter.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score