Is Verteporfin the potential cure for baldness?

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'd like to see is these new follicles, will they become the thickness of surrounding hairs? I think really there's no reason to have to remove the follicle to make this process work. Wounding the areas of the scalp without hair and injecting the Verteporfin seems like that is what has to be done for it to work. Perhaps microneedling will need to be done at a deep depth for this to grow new hairs. More studies are needed to find out the best way to administer this in order to get desired results.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems that verteporfin may also be the solution for other skin conditions, incl. wrinkles, scar tissue and stretch marks. Very intriguing!

Any info on Dr. Barghouthi?

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems that verteporfin may also be the solution for other skin conditions, incl. wrinkles, scar tissue and stretch marks. Very intriguing!

Any info on Dr. Barghouthi?
DrTBarghouthi's Content - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients
Verteporfin and Stanford scar research- A functional cure and alternative to hair cloning? - Open Hair Loss Topics - Hair Restoration Network - Community For and By Hair Loss Patients

I was thinking the same thing. He needs to trial people with conditions like pseudopelade of brocq to see if hair regrowth is possible. Perhaps microneedle the area first to break up the scar tissue and later inject the Verteporfin. The important thing is to get scar tissue broken down so the new hair follicles can push their way through the skin.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a bit but it seems Dr. Taleb Barghouthi's Verteporfin trials are working. Hair follicle neogenesis has occurred based on biopsy results. We want to conduct a scarring alopecia trial to test if it will work in these cases as well. We want to microneedle scarred skin with Verteporfin, do incision wounds on already scarred skin and do testing of microneedling with Verteporfin on areas affected by androgenic alopecia. So far the hair regrowth has occurred on incision wounds from FUE hair transplant donor regions. Next month they will be testing Verteporfin on FUT surgeries in the donor region to regenerate it hopefully. The cost to fund a scarring alopecia study is $15,000. It would be great if we and others could help pool the money in order to fund the research. This has already been shown to work in specific cases of wounding so I think it pays to pursue. Verteporfin is a YAP (Yes Associated Protein Inhibitor). VS-6062 I am hoping we can trial as well, which is a FAK (Focal Adhesion Kinase Inhibitor). It has shown efficacy in pigs, which is very promising (unlike mice). Some believe the FAK inhibitor is even more effective. Your thoughts.......