Is ukhairsystems.com for real?

veddarmesnch

Reaction score
I´m ready to order a system for the first time and I have been recommended ukhairsystems.com by a couple of users from this website. I went ahead and wrote Richard (owner?) of this website and everything sounds great. I´ve been very excited so far but last night someone pointed out something I´ve been maybe subconsciously thinking all along. Is this for real? I mean, is this a scam? Am I supposed to send my hard-earned cash to a supplier that has no physical location, no client photos or reviews and then wait for two months in painful anxiety for the product to arrive? In addition to that, their website is one of the most amateurish looking sites I´ve seen. It´s well written but it looks like a collection of 1990´s spam pages.

Don´t get me wrong, I WANT TO BELIEVE that this is the real deal and I am very grateful to those hairlosstalk.com users who so kindly tried to help me but then again this does look suspicious as heck.

In all fairness, I can´t find any complains on the Internet from previous people being ripped off so maybe (hopefully) this is for real.

Any reassuring thoughts?

Thanks.

Noah

Reaction score
I don't know. There have been suggestions that it has an implausible number of enthusiastic write-ups on this and other forums, which can sometimes be a sign that it is being talked up by the owners. Personally I can't see why you would take the risk for a first unit. There are a handful of suppliers which I can definitely vouch for from personal experience as good, so go for one of them - Northwest Lace, Toplace or Coolpiece.

veddarmesnch

Reaction score
Yeah, I don´t think I´m gonna chance it then. I´m not contacting these people again.

Thanks for your answer, I´m checking the ones you´ve vouched for next.

I´m trying not to order from the States because I get stuff from there sometimes (I´m an American living in Germany) and have to go declare the packages at an office. I want to keep this private for obvious reasons. Additionally I´m looking for the lowest possible price for high quality, do you think that the one in München ("Hollywood Hairsystems") you´ve recommended before offers similar prices and quality as to what the ukhairsystems company offered? They charge about 600 Euros for a long hair custom European lace system.

Thanks much.

Incursio

Reaction score
Okay I'm a new wearer and I haven't posted for sometime as I'm still going through the stresses of wearing for the first couple of weeks, which I have overcome pretty well tbh.

I'm going to review UKhairsystems in this post from start to finish:

- First impressions I spoke to Richard who was very helpful in guiding me on how to do the base and what sort of piece to go for.
I opted for a lace base with poly perimeter, with 100% Remy Indian hair 12 inches in V loops.

Positive points

- Colour match was on point which imo wouldn't be too hard to match as my hair is naturally jet black.
- Richard was very helpful in deciding what options to go for and communications was great at the start.
- Base and hair was of a good quality, been wearing for a month have had no fade or hairs dropping out.
- Price was decent.
- Had some good advice on what products to get.

Negative points.

- Even though it was a custom unit the base was designed too large and I had to chop a lot of my bio hair off than I needed to, I even kept a spare copy of the template I sent to the supplier just in case they forgot to send the template back which indeed they didn't send back. I compared the template to the base and it was more than an inch bigger.
- Delivery time was too long I paid £35 extra for 6 week express and the system took a full 10 weeks to arrive.
- I asked for compensation for the delayed order but the supplier has failed to even acknowledge this fact which I believe is very poor.
- A crown was added to the hair piece when it wasn't specified.
- My natural hair is quite coarse which was very visible in the pictures I sent to the supplier but was completely ignored, instead I was given 100% straight hairs, yes this was listed in the order and due to my inexperience I failed to notice this blunder but as a supplier this should have been noticed in my honest opinion.
- Lack of communication after order was placed especially after the 6th week period where I should have got my piece, only once it had reached the 9th week was I told it was a delayed order which I believe was unacceptable.

Overall score: 4/10, I believe I didn't ask for anything too complicated but there was far too many inadequacies in the execution.

If you want my honest opinion it is worth having a word with people who sell units for a free consultation if you can just to get a some advice, I wish had done this rather than order straight off the internet could've saved £300 but I'm not fussed as even with my current piece nobody can tell I'm wearing :).

veddarmesnch

Reaction score
Okay I'm a new wearer and I haven't posted for sometime as I'm still going through the stresses of wearing for the first couple of weeks, which I have overcome pretty well tbh.

I'm going to review UKhairsystems in this post from start to finish:

- First impressions I spoke to Richard who was very helpful in guiding me on how to do the base and what sort of piece to go for.
I opted for a lace base with poly perimeter, with 100% Remy Indian hair 12 inches in V loops.

Positive points

- Colour match was on point which imo wouldn't be too hard to match as my hair is naturally jet black.
- Richard was very helpful in deciding what options to go for and communications was great at the start.
- Base and hair was of a good quality, been wearing for a month have had no fade or hairs dropping out.
- Price was decent.
- Had some good advice on what products to get.

Negative points.

- Even though it was a custom unit the base was designed too large and I had to chop a lot of my bio hair off than I needed to, I even kept a spare copy of the template I sent to the supplier just in case they forgot to send the template back which indeed they didn't send back. I compared the template to the base and it was more than an inch bigger.
- Delivery time was too long I paid £35 extra for 6 week express and the system took a full 10 weeks to arrive.
- I asked for compensation for the delayed order but the supplier has failed to even acknowledge this fact which I believe is very poor.
- A crown was added to the hair piece when it wasn't specified.
- My natural hair is quite coarse which was very visible in the pictures I sent to the supplier but was completely ignored, instead I was given 100% straight hairs, yes this was listed in the order and due to my inexperience I failed to notice this blunder but as a supplier this should have been noticed in my honest opinion.
- Lack of communication after order was placed especially after the 6th week period where I should have got my piece, only once it had reached the 9th week was I told it was a delayed order which I believe was unacceptable.

Overall score: 4/10, I believe I didn't ask for anything too complicated but there was far too many inadequacies in the execution.

If you want my honest opinion it is worth having a word with people who sell units for a free consultation if you can just to get a some advice, I wish had done this rather than order straight off the internet could've saved £300 but I'm not fussed as even with my current piece nobody can tell I'm wearing :).

That gives me a lot to think about. Thanks much.