is tretinoin good to use for your skin in itself? keeps collagen prodcution good, etc. if so, should it be used other than the scalp?

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
High levels of vitamin A have been linked to hairloss in various studies.

Maybe try azelaic acid on your scalp instead.

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tretinoin and sunscreen are to skincare what finasteride and minoxidil are to hairloss essentially. Shouldn't need anything more for ur skin than those 2

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tretinoin and sunscreen are to skincare what finasteride and minoxidil are to hairloss essentially. Shouldn't need anything more for ur skin than those 2
BUT people take tretinoin like minoxidil right.

they say minoxidil ages you right? but they say tretinoin helps minoxidil absorption (and protects from it?) right/

They say its dangerous ot have for absorption's sake tho if youre in the sun it will absorb solar rays as well

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
High levels of vitamin A have been linked to hairloss in various studies.

Maybe try azelaic acid on your scalp instead.
if thats teh case (and I just read up tret has vitamin a synthetically) then why would they promote it? scam to make it worse? lol

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Tretinoin is THE gold standard for improving skin quality

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tretinoin should always be part of some ones skincare regimen. Apply it at night, sunscreen during day. I apply emu oil first at night then apply 0.05% tretinoin so it doesn't irritate skin as much.