Is Topical Finasteride Worth Trying Or Not?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess that's the same as your sexual preference?................just cant make your mind up?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
By effectivness you mean blocking DHT. Thats the main goal here, And only goal.
No, by effectiveness, I only mean visible hair results, all finasteride and duta will inhibit DHT that's a given.

Reactions: 300

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, by effectiveness, I only mean visible hair results, all finasteride and duta will inhibit DHT that's a given.
You realise finasteride and dutasteride dont work for everybody right? Its not a cure. Reducing DHT will and should give results but it dont happen for everybody.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You realise finasteride and dutasteride dont work for everybody right?
Well You would hope I know that, considering the length of time Ive been on them.

but I wouldn't allow myself to make that statement about their personal efficacy, until I had exhausted all avenues.

Which is why I would never comment about how well generic finasteride works until I had also experienced Proscar.

Otherwise you just don't have a benchmark to use as a comparison.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant get it prescribed anyway for hairloss its not even fda approved for hairloss, its used for prostate cancer. Sweden is very strict.

You can get a private prescription for Dutasteride/Finasteride brand or generic from.

Valid in most places in the EU whether that includes Sweden I don't know.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess For the same reasons that have already been noted.

ease of use and the fact some people are probably apprehensive about having finasteride externally in their hair, while performing WWE moves on the kids.
First time I heard . How much your kids touch your hair ? About “easy to use “ if anybodybdone have 5 minutes to apply the lotion at night , it definitive have biger problem than his hair .

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I saw a russian site selling avodart brand name and it cost alot. To get avodart prescribed for hairloss is not easy anyway you gotta lie and say its for prostate use since its not fda approved for hairloss. Im not keen on using dutasteride anymore anyway cause of low semen production im sick of it. It has maintained my hairline and front tho so thats something positive at least.
You can get a private prescription for Dutasteride/Finasteride brand or generic from.

Valid in most places in the EU whether that includes Sweden I don't kno

Valid in most places in the EU whether that includes Sweden I don't know.