is this true, if so then topical if they work areokay

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
see coz as your baldness progress doesn't that open up new androgen receptors on your other hair follicles.

Paolo asked: "Hi kind Dot.LeeI. Use the his I spironolactone cream 5% and xantrox 5%. I have stop the fall of the hair completely also in the zones where I don't apply it. Possible that does the treatment also work in the zones where doesn't it come applied? Tank you"

Dr Richard Lee, MD answered: "Do topical treatments work on the areas of the scalp where they are not directly applied? Yes, but not because of extensive diffusion of the medications in the dermis. The genetic expression of male pattern baldness is analogous to a (very complicated) computer program, where each sequential step must be completed before you can advance to the next level. I have made this observation on countless numbers of patients: If you apply Xandrox 5% and 5% Spironolactone Lotion at the vertex and at the frontal hairline to prevent the progression of male pattern baldness, the hair won't begin to thin elsewhere. For this reason, I always recommend to patients who have only frontal recession to also treat the vertex. If you prevent male pattern baldness at the front lines, so to speak, it will not commence on other areas of the scalp

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sucks to be diffusing :refilao:

shineydome

Established Member
Reaction score
salazam said:
If you prevent male pattern baldness at the front lines, so to speak, it will not commence on other areas of the scalp

I'm not sure where all of this is coming from, but, if what I read is what Dr. Lee said then, if you begin to recede at the temple region and "stop" it there, it won't progress any further? Kinda like a "If this, then that" statement..."if your hair is falling out, the hair immediately "around" it is in danger, if the hair is not falling out, then your hair is not in danger". Is that what he is trying to say? Pretty "loopy" logic to me.